Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Really small type on BBO

#1 User is offline   Elianna 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-July-13, 07:20

Okay, I confess. I was one of the players using the old flash version of BBO. In fact, I didn't even know it was old and discouraged until a few months ago.

So I've tried switching to what I think is the new one (direct from the BBO main page, which also looks very different than the last time I was there - but I guess that was 10 years ago, so it probably makes sense), but what I've noticed is that the side information is really small. It's really hard to see the previous hand, and the hand records (+results of other tables). Is there a way to enlarge them on my side? I tried my usual way of enlarging the screen (apple symbol + "+), and even clicking in the side panels first didn't make the print bigger for the side panels.
My addiction to Mario Bros #3 has come back!

#2 User is offline   PeterAlan 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2020-July-13, 09:12

Are you talking about the History display on the right of the screen? You can enlarge the whole History panel by dragging its left-hand margin to the left (making the main part of the screen display a bit smaller). As the panel size increase, so does the font.

#3 User is offline   mycroft 

• Secretary Bird
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-July-13, 09:32

There's a mid-panel bar, that you can pull into the playing area, to shrink the playing area and make the side pane larger. I hope that's what you're asking?
When I go to sea, don't fear for me, Fear For The Storm -- Birdie and the Swansong (tSCoSI)

#4 User is offline   Gerardo 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2020-July-13, 11:22

hi Elianna, there are lines between the left and the right panels (and the play and chat area).

You can enlarge the size of one af the expense of the other.

There are 3 little lines in the middle of the line separators, they can the dragged to move the separator, resizing the areas.

#5 User is offline   Elianna 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-July-13, 14:57

Okay, I knew that I can resize the history by making something else smaller, but the problem is, if I make the playing screen smaller, I won't be able to see THAT as well, and it would be annoying. I guess I can move it to see one, then move it back?

And my eyes have been checked and my glasses are still okay, so as far as I know, it's not a question of new glasses.
My addiction to Mario Bros #3 has come back!

#6 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2020-July-13, 15:17

What is your screen resolution? On a decent sized screen there shouldn't be that much conflict between the two sections of the window. I have my sidebar using about 20-30% of the width, and both sections are easily readable.

Another option is to disable Split Screen in your account settings. Then history will be a whole tab of its own, instead of a sidebar. But you'll have to switch back and forth between History and Play, you can't view them at the same time.

You can also click on the box with the title "IMPs" or "MPs". This will pop up a history window, which has larger type.

#7 User is online   pilowsky 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-July-13, 20:36

You are right. It is a little bit annoying. To solve this problem I bought a second monitor (a Hisense TV set) and I use that. If you do not want to do that and there is a hand that you want to check closely you can export it into another browser tab. Click on the three white lines in the corner where the hand is then hit 'export'. Click on 'Handviewer link' (or right-click on it and save it for later). Then it will open in a new window where you can see the hand in the full screen. Good luck.
Non legit hoc

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users