BBO Discussion Forums: Missing Daylongs and other strange behavior - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Missing Daylongs and other strange behavior Technical problems

#1 User is offline   Jyrki_63 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-July-10, 12:25

Hi All,

My system: Windows 10, Firefox

I think the following problems started when the COVID caused a large number of users to show up here. Is there a list of strange things somewhere? I scanned this subforum, but it only went back a couple of weeks for some reason. This is probably old hat. But if so, WHERE IS THAT INFO?

- When playing in a Robot tourney, the system keeps asking me "Are you there?" every few minutes. Even if I have played a card a few seconds ago. Have I misconfigured something?
- In the VuGraph menu, EVERY table is listed as having a single kibitzer. Surely this is false. Is the problem at my end or elsewhere?
- Today (July 10th) I am not seeing any Daylong tournaments. Have they been cancelled?

Thanks for any info,

Jyrki

#2 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2020-July-10, 16:25

Most of the daylong tourneys have been moved out of Robot World. They're now in their own "Daylong Tournaments" section of "Competitive".

#3 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-July-10, 16:31

Ever since the lockdowns, we haven't been running real Vugraphs. There's a way for admins to link a Vugraph table to a regular team game. But the Vugraph listing doesn't know about this, it just shows the number of people in the real Vugraph table, not the number kibitzing the team game.

#4 User is offline   DrFell 

• PipPip

Posted 2020-July-10, 22:23

View Postbarmar, on 2020-July-10, 16:25, said:

Most of the daylong tourneys have been moved out of Robot World. They're now in their own "Daylong Tournaments" section of "Competitive".

On the new software, this is true. In the Flash version, they are better hidden: they are in the "all tournaments" section of "Competitive", but not in any of the specific subcategories. It took me two days to find them, because a) there was no reason to look for them there, and b) BBO failed to publicize that they had been moved (as far as I could see).

These are robot tournaments, so why would anyone not expect to find them in the "Robot tournament" part of the site? Please put them back.

#5 User is offline   Jyrki_63 

• PipPip

Posted 2020-July-11, 13:18

View Postbarmar, on 2020-July-10, 16:25, said:

Thanks, Barmar. I could swear that News item was not there when I posted my query :-)

#6 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-July-12, 01:10

View PostJyrki_63, on 2020-July-11, 13:18, said:

Thanks, Barmar. I could swear that News item was not there when I posted my query :-)

It wasn't, I posted that one day after the change.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users