BBO Discussion Forums: Howell movements and other operation problems - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Howell movements and other operation problems

#1 User is offline   vEBU207140 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-July-10, 05:26

I used the +howell+ to set up a Howell movement for a SIM pair charity event last night. I'd used it the day before and it all went well with a clocked movement.

Last night the system seems to have converted it to an unclocked movement (I don't use unclocked after previous problems) and this has caused major problems with the results for the SIM pairs as there were several instances where players played the same pairs twice.

This is one of a number of bugs I've encountered when setting up / amending movements for our EBU virtual club. For example, trying to amend the clock can be tricky as it won't always put the right time in when you type it. For example on Monday, we had a mass disconnect of players and by the time we had got eeryone back, I needed to add three minutes to the clock. I went in and tried to increase from 8 to 11 but it cganed to 15 and then 44 and then back to 8. After about six attempts it worked.

I'd appreciate some thoughts on the Howell movement problems.

Dave Tilley
BWS Club

#2 User is offline   bjacobs 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-July-10, 18:18

The data entry of numbers (eg minutes per board) is seriously broken.

Go into the field and backspace/delete over everything until there's nothing there in the field. Then type your number.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users