Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Not enough BBO$ to play?

#1 User is offline   peterb001 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2020-July-08, 10:50

When someone enters a (paid) tournament, at what point does the system check they have sufficient BBO$ to play? Is it when they enter the tournament, or when the tournament starts? Yesterday our tournament didn't start on time (because of the +allavail+ parameter) but at the time it wasn't clear if this we due to disconnection, or a lack of BBO$. I believe that the BBO$ are only taken when the tournament starts. If there isn't a warning of a lack of funds when someone enters, then I think this would be a good idea for the future.

#2 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2020-July-08, 12:58

View Postpeterb001, on 2020-July-08, 10:50, said:

When someone enters a (paid) tournament, at what point does the system check they have sufficient BBO$ to play? Is it when they enter the tournament, or when the tournament starts? Yesterday our tournament didn't start on time (because of the +allavail+ parameter) but at the time it wasn't clear if this we due to disconnection, or a lack of BBO$. I believe that the BBO$ are only taken when the tournament starts. If there isn't a warning of a lack of funds when someone enters, then I think this would be a good idea for the future.

The check is made at registration. But the money is taken from the balance only when the tournament starts.

If someone has 6 BB$. Registers to a 5 BB$ game starting in 45 minutes.

While waiting for the tourney to start, goes play a daylong at 1.35 BB$

Then, when his tournament starts, this person will no longer have enough BB$ in their balance to cover the entry fee, even though, at the time of registration they had enough.

This is a pretty rare scenario though, most times players are careful to not consume their balance while waiting for a game they care about.

The message shown with the tournament cannot start because someone is not available is rather generic "user blah is not available or doesn't have enough BB$". It doesn't state the reason is that there are not enough BB$. It can be either that they are offline, or that they are playing elsewhere, or that they dont have enough BB$ -- any one of these situations would discard the pair.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users