Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

auto accept virtual clubs

#1 User is offline   vanbob 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-July-08, 09:33

is there a way, once you have out your name on the partnership list ( "will pay for myself") go off and do other things, but if someone invites it will auto accept

#2 User is offline   paulg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-July-08, 09:37

No.
The Beer Card

I don't work for BBO and any advice is based on my BBO experience over the decades

#3 User is offline   pilowsky 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-July-08, 18:53

I understand what you are asking for. Other online Bridge services do provide this facility. One of them is Stepbridge. The server is located in the Netherlands (a small country in northern Europe with bicycles, Tulips, nice cheese and a lot of Bridge players and windmills). Stepbridge is a community club operating under the umbrella of the Australian Bridge Federation. If you join Stepbridge, you and your partner can play for $Aus2.75 / 24 board tournament (imps or matchpoints (swiss format). Australian masterpoints. All sessions are advertised 2 weeks in advance and you can book in without having to have your partner present. You can also register and a partner will be allocated. There are no robots.
It is a Face-to-Face club (playing behind screens obviously) with convention cards and human players and directors.
The rules are ABF rules. Players use every type of system and convention imaginable.
Currently, the main disadvantage that I am aware of - there may be others - is that ".lin" files are not available for the results. Actual results are available during the tournaments and these can be examined and then ported into other programs, but this has to be done manually at present.
The current Masterpoint exchange rate between Australia and the United States is always hotly disputed, but I understand it to be about 10 US = 1 Australian.
The program works on Mac and PC. you can also set up casual tables. And it is available in Dutch. For more info you will have to go to their website. It is a not-for-profit. It is also my home club in Australia.
Non legit hoc

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users