Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

friends appear "diconnected ??

#1 User is offline   lilou52100 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-July-07, 03:58

hi! playing with the "browser" version of BBO , when i connect , no problem, my friends see me , and i see my friends , but ,as soon as i enter a room (relaxed or main club) , i appear "disconnected to my friends and they seem to be disconnected for me .

so i can't open a table with reserved place for them, because they dont see me!!??

how i solve this problem.

the problem does not exist if i play with the ""setup" version "

thanks (if you have a solution)

#2 User is offline   paulg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-July-07, 05:44

View Postlilou52100, on 2020-July-07, 03:58, said:

hi! playing with the "browser" version of BBO , when i connect , no problem, my friends see me , and i see my friends , but ,as soon as i enter a room (relaxed or main club) , i appear "disconnected to my friends and they seem to be disconnected for me .

so i can't open a table with reserved place for them, because they dont see me!!??

how i solve this problem.

the problem does not exist if i play with the ""setup" version "

thanks (if you have a solution)

When you move into the Casual area to create a table, you actually move to a new server which is not linked to the Main (or competitive) server. Your friends also need to move to the Casual area and then they will see you and you will see them.

It is explained in detail in Casual explained.

When you use an older client (like the original Windows or Flash player versions, or an old, non-updated, app) you remain on the Main server all the time (which is why this appears to work).

The Beer Card

I don't work for BBO and any advice is based on my BBO experience over the decades

#3 User is offline   lilou52100 

• Pip

Posted 2020-July-09, 04:21

View Postpaulg, on 2020-July-07, 05:44, said:

When you move into the Casual area to create a table, you actually move to a new server which is not linked to the Main (or competitive) server. Your friends also need to move to the Casual area and then they will see you and you will see them.

It is explained in detail in Casual explained.

When you use an older client (like the original Windows or Flash player versions, or an old, non-updated, app) you remain on the Main server all the time (which is why this appears to work).

Thanks you so much :)

#4 User is offline   DanG4503 

• PipPip

Posted 2020-July-11, 10:40

I also notice the Friends problem. My question is related to creating a team match and reserving sits for players. Would the players playing on Casual server get invited when I start the match?
Thank you

#5 User is offline   paulg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-July-11, 13:00

View PostDanG4503, on 2020-July-11, 10:40, said:

I also notice the Friends problem. My question is related to creating a team match and reserving sits for players. Would the players playing on Casual server get invited when I start the match?
Thank you

No.

Any players, or kibitzers, on the Casual server will not be seen by the team match host - so the match will not be able to be started as they are not 'online' as far as the host is concerned.
The Beer Card

I don't work for BBO and any advice is based on my BBO experience over the decades

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users