Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

BBO disconnected

#1 User is offline   Kapers 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-July-04, 12:48

I play in the virtual Club games on BBO...every time I play, I am "dropped out" of BBO and have to log in again...my computer is still on but it's like a power surge and I lose BBO. I am playing on a laptop that is connected to a larger screen on my desk.
Does anyone have any thoughts on this?
Thank you, Kapers

#2 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2020-July-06, 10:51

This appears to be something on your local network or ISP. The server isn't disconnecting you, it didn't even notice that you were gone until you tried to login again; it viewed this as a duplicate login and logged out the previous session.

#3 User is offline   soupnatzi 

• Pip

Posted 2020-July-07, 11:19

Don't recall which hand precisely, but when the hands came up only my partners initials showed up and W-N-E- W. That was it. My wall paper took up the top half of my screen and the lower half was partners initials and the letters. I tried to call the director, my partner tried to leave a message and then I was dropped by BBO. What was I to do?????
JoAnne Sobol, "soupnatzi", partner was DASMD

#4 User is offline   rockeron 

• Pip

Posted 2020-July-13, 08:46

I am having similar problems. Time for OKBridge? I'm getting no help from BBO after repeated requests to support.

#5 User is offline   barmar 

Posted 2020-July-13, 14:39

View Postrockeron, on 2020-July-13, 08:46, said:

I am having similar problems. Time for OKBridge? I'm getting no help from BBO after repeated requests to support.

There's nothing they can do to help you.

Unless we're getting lots of calls at the same time, which indicates a widespread problem at our end, there's nothing we can do about it. The problem is virtually always at your end or the connection from your ISP to ours.

#6 User is offline   tebed 

• Pip

Posted 2020-July-16, 19:30

I have been having difficulties with disconnection for about 4 weeks now, during tournament play, and casual play with my friends. We got a new router installed and now it is still happening. I use my laptop and never had a problem before. I have installed the new BBO program, I have a new MacBook Air laptop, and have switched to my husbands computer, but the problem is still occurring. Please help, I am getting very frustrated!

#7 User is offline   barmar 

Posted 2020-July-19, 18:31

If replacing the router didn't help, the problem is probably with your ISP, so there's not much you or we can do about it.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users