Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Cancelling Boards when slow play

#1 User is offline   D_H_D 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-July-03, 07:36

Rather than minutes per board, would a closer mimic of face-to-face play be gained by not allowing the final board of a round to be started if there is less than a (selectable) number of minutes left in the round?

It should be even possible to decide which pair used up most of the time, to decide on a 60/40, or 40/40, rather than a 50/50 award.

#2 User is offline   gordontd 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-July-03, 09:00

View PostD_H_D, on 2020-July-03, 07:36, said:

Rather than minutes per board, would a closer mimic of face-to-face play be gained by not allowing the final board of a round to be started if there is less than a (selectable) number of minutes left in the round?

The software does this, although the amount is not selectable.

View PostD_H_D, on 2020-July-03, 07:36, said:

It should be even possible to decide which pair used up most of the time, to decide on a 60/40, or 40/40, rather than a 50/50 award.

It's possible to do this from the Table History. I created an Excel spreadsheet with macros that I use to extract the amount of time taken by each player and something like that is useful to quantify when players say that their opponents were the slow ones.
Gordon Rainsford
London UK

#3 User is offline   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-July-03, 09:22

View Postgordontd, on 2020-July-03, 09:00, said:

It's possible to do this from the Table History. I created an Excel spreadsheet with macros that I use to extract the amount of time taken by each player and something like that is useful to quantify when players say that their opponents were the slow ones.

I didn't realise this information was available. How exactly does TD access the Table History? Can he do it during the tournament or only at the end?

I recently witnessed on vugraph a heated discussion in a BBO hosted tournament where West sustained that he had alerted and explained his call before North called and South (plus the commentators) said after. The poor TD was at a loss what to do. Could he have ascertained the truth in real time?

#4 User is offline   gordontd 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-July-03, 10:35

View Postpescetom, on 2020-July-03, 09:22, said:

I didn't realise this information was available. How exactly does TD access the Table History? Can he do it during the tournament or only at the end?

I recently witnessed on vugraph a heated discussion in a BBO hosted tournament where West sustained that he had alerted and explained his call before North called and South (plus the commentators) said after. The poor TD was at a loss what to do. Could he have ascertained the truth in real time?

It is available in real time, though it may be a feature of paid tournies rather than free ones. It's an option in the dropdown TD menu.
Gordon Rainsford
London UK

#5 User is offline   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-July-03, 15:17

View Postgordontd, on 2020-July-03, 10:35, said:

It is available in real time, though it may be a feature of paid tournies rather than free ones. It's an option in the dropdown TD menu.

Thanks, I will look for it during next free tourney.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users