Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

I don't see tournament chat

#1 User is offline   jandrew 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2020-July-04, 04:00

When I am a TD running or otherwise involved in a free tournament I use the Windows version 5.2.21.
Recently (perhaps a few weeks) I have realised that I do not see any tournament chat - whether sent by the TD or by players.
I see anything which I send to the tournament - I suppose that that is a record of my 'sending'.

I have checked all my setting and can find no change.

Has there been some amendment to the software?

There have been some recent questions about TDs seeing tournament chat twice.
Has the correction of that bug affected me?

#2 User is offline   m00036 

• PipPipPip

Posted 2020-July-04, 04:07

View Postjandrew, on 2020-July-04, 04:00, said:

When I am a TD running or otherwise involved in a free tournament I use the Windows version 5.2.21.
Recently (perhaps a few weeks) I have realised that I do not see any tournament chat - whether sent by the TD or by players.
I see anything which I send to the tournament - I suppose that that is a record of my 'sending'.

I have checked all my setting and can find no change.

Has there been some amendment to the software?

There have been some recent questions about TDs seeing tournament chat twice.
Has the correction of that bug affected me?

The bug hasn't yet been corrected but the Windows version (as far as I'm aware at least) hasn't been updated for some time so it's possible the wide-ranging changes to the TD software a few weeks back inadvertently affected the functionality of the Windows version. The advice from BBO, at least for TDs, is to switch over to the newest browser version as this offers the largest range of features for TDs.

#3 User is offline   jandrew 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-July-04, 04:17

View Postm00036, on 2020-July-04, 04:07, said:

The bug hasn't yet been corrected but the Windows version (as far as I'm aware at least) hasn't been updated for some time so it's possible the wide-ranging changes to the TD software a few weeks back inadvertently affected the functionality of the Windows version. The advice from BBO, at least for TDs, is to switch over to the newest browser version as this offers the largest range of features for TDs.

I am still exploring and coming to terms with V3 for TDs.
There are many changes and different ways of doing things.
Perhaps I am a slow learner, but I am not yet ready to take the plunge with a real-life tournament where, historically, the players have been used to a good experience.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users