BBO Discussion Forums: Add Table after start ? (Virtual Club) - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Add Table after start ? (Virtual Club) is it possible to add a table during the first round

#1 User is offline   cbai125480 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-June-30, 02:35

Apologies if this is answered elsewhere, but I haven't managed to find it if it has.
I have on a number of occasions, and nearly once a week now, been in a position where it would be ideal to add a table during the first round.
The circumstances typically revolve around the types of issues being discussed in the +allavail+ thread, where a pair(s) who have registered do not get placed at a table when the game starts.
This is a virtual club scenario with restricted entry, so I get a telephone call immediately saying they registered and are not playing, when there is a half table this is not a problem as I can invite them in immediately. But when there isn't a half table I have to be apologetic and say there is nothing I can do!
Is there anything I can do?
The fact that I get a phone call almost immediately means there would be time to add a table during the first round. I am using Barometer movements which should make it even easier to insert a table.
Regards John.

#2 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2020-June-30, 17:20

View Postcbai125480, on 2020-June-30, 02:35, said:

Apologies if this is answered elsewhere, but I haven't managed to find it if it has.
I have on a number of occasions, and nearly once a week now, been in a position where it would be ideal to add a table during the first round.
The circumstances typically revolve around the types of issues being discussed in the +allavail+ thread, where a pair(s) who have registered do not get placed at a table when the game starts.
This is a virtual club scenario with restricted entry, so I get a telephone call immediately saying they registered and are not playing, when there is a half table this is not a problem as I can invite them in immediately. But when there isn't a half table I have to be apologetic and say there is nothing I can do!
Is there anything I can do?
The fact that I get a phone call almost immediately means there would be time to add a table during the first round. I am using Barometer movements which should make it even easier to insert a table.
Regards John.

It's not possible to add a table after the game started.

But your tourney would simply not start if the pair was registered and not available. I don't see how they could be left out of you used +allavail+

#3 User is offline   criptik 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2020-July-02, 17:21

On a related question, is there any way to change the total number of boards, or the number of boards per round once the tournament starts?

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users