Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Pre-dealt Hands Problems after Board 16

#1 User is offline   lamford 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-June-28, 09:42

I manually entered 18 boards from a past Venice Cup and saved them in my Saved Deals, and have written a commentary for a local club online event. I have been given the task of running an 18-board event this Tuesday. The first 16 boards saved correctly with the correct board number in the centre of the table. It allocated that number for me, using the dealer and vulnerability, which I entered. However, board 17 and 18 were numbered 1 and 2, wrongly, because it again used its own logic to decide on the number, and I can see no way to change that! So I have boards 1-16 and boards 1-2 which should be 17-18. I cannot imagine that 16 boards is the limit, so there is a trick I am not aware of. I worry that when the event starts the fact that there are two of board 1 and board 2 will upset it! Help, please.
I prefer to give the lawmakers credit for stating things for a reason - barmar

#2 User is offline   hrothgar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Travel
    Cooking
    Brewing
    Hiking

Posted 2020-June-28, 11:44

It seems like a bad idea to announce in public / in advance that you are using deals from known events.
Alderaan delenda est

#3 User is offline   lamford 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-June-28, 15:41

View Posthrothgar, on 2020-June-28, 11:44, said:

It seems like a bad idea to announce in public / in advance that you are using deals from known events.

I thought of that and lied about the event. But I did not lie about board 17 and board 18 being numbered 1 and 2.
I prefer to give the lawmakers credit for stating things for a reason - barmar

#4 User is offline   eamongall 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-June-28, 18:14

View Postlamford, on 2020-June-28, 15:41, said:

I thought of that and lied about the event. But I did not lie about board 17 and board 18 being numbered 1 and 2.

Send me the information and the ability to log into your BBO account and I will sort it for you.

Else get some method of making pbn and lin files outside of BBO and upload to BBO.

As the BBO might not like the advertising of other products email me at eamongalligan62@gmail.com and I will
give you some suggestions

Thanks
Eamon Galligan

#5 User is offline   0 carbon 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2020-July-14, 18:24

When you load boards from a LIN file, they can be numbered any which way. When used they proceed from 1 to.....60 if you go that far.
Vul, dealer, play, also ignored.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users