Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Finding a team When you only have four

#1 User is offline   Vampyr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-June-28, 04:29

I think someone wrote recently about how it was difficult, if you have a team, to find a team to play against. Perhaps there could be some system, like a partnership desk sort of thing. Of course you will not usually find a team immediately, so maybe a team registering at this partnership desk could indicate the time they would like to play. I have noticed that when I or friends have set up a team game and have not done the settings properly, people come to the table without even a partner. I feel bad for them, but if I am going to spend my time playing online I want to have a good game, which I do not expect when my opponents are all strangers.
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones -- Albert Einstein

#2 User is offline   paulg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-June-28, 12:25

It is an issue that BBO has never effectively addressed even for regular partnerships, let alone teams.

Of course there are challenges. Which opponents are good enough for a decent game? How long are you going to play for? How do you cancel when someone drops out before the start?

Perhaps you could start your own league or ladder?
The Beer Card

I don't work for BBO and any advice is based on my BBO experience over the decades

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users