Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Improving BBO Support Online doesn't mean "No one takes responsibility"

#1 User is offline   Wild_Whist 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-June-23, 11:44

I recently signed up for an ACBL game and the signup was cancelled. When I signed up again, something happened, and when the game started, I wasn't playing.

These things happen, sure. I've been in the computer business for30 years. But one thing you learn in the computer biz is that your customers are alive, and when the computer does something to them, even if it was user error, they get miffed. As I was.

So I wrote a note to support@bridgebase. And I got a detailed reply from the ACBL representative that did not address my issues. I wrote another note saying, "Hey, that's not really what I was asking you about, and btw, if you cancel me out or don't let me play, could you at least send me a note saying something, not just leave me hanging [and miffed]. I've gotten no reply to this note. It's been 5 days.

So I'm wondering. Have other people experienced this? Is there anything to do besides boycotting the games[which I've done]. I know bbo is swamped. But being swamped doesn't mean you get a free ride. Not even replying to a second e-mail? Not even telling me anything about what happened when my signup was cancelled the first time? Give me a break. That was best practice in the computer industry back in 1990, and even Microsoft, which pioneered the "Ignore the stupid customer" school of customer service has grown up a bit.

This isn't a rant. I like BBO. But if it needs to get better, how do we let them know?

#2 User is offline   gbb483 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2020-June-23, 13:29

It's like politicians, instead of answering your question (because either they don't know the answer or the answer is embarrasing), they give you the answer they've been rehearsing for the question they wanted you to ask.

#3 User is online   pilowsky 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-June-23, 15:25

Now you know what a talking point is.
Non legit hoc

#4 User is online   johnu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-June-23, 15:54

The ACBL runs online games on the BBO platform. ACBL representatives basically have nothing to do with BBO operations so they aren't going to be able to answer any technical questions relating to bugs or glitches in the software. Your only hope for getting an answer is from BBO directly, either on these forums, or by directly sending them a message. Even then, there is no guarantee you will get an answer.

#5 User is offline   Gerardo 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2020-June-23, 20:40

Pairs tourneys on BBO require, by default, that both players are available at seating time.

This implies:

1) Online (and since the server split, online in the right server, not the Casual one)2) Not otherwise engaged (like playing in another tourney, teaching in a teaching table.3) Being able to cover the fee if there is one.
If either player is unavailable, the pair is not seated (nor charged).

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users