BBO Discussion Forums: Any recommendations for Bridge tournament software? - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Any recommendations for Bridge tournament software?

#1 User is offline   rustysnow 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-June-25, 06:13

Greetings all, hope everyone is doing great despite the circumstances we are in. By the title of the post, one can obviously guess that I can't wait to play live bridge again soon in the future. Anyways, I am here to ask for any Bridge tournament software that TDs use all around the world. I am looking towards software for pairs and possibly individual tournaments mainly (no specific form of scoring or movement in mind). Other features such as being able to be used for teams tournament is a bonus. I do not necessarily require the software to be compatible with the Bridgemates devices as I do not have the devices. I am currently using a MacBook Air, so a bonus for recommendations would be that people have tried it on Macbooks through software such as Wine to run Windows programs (I currently do possess the Wine Installer software). Please do recommend free software too if possible; if you would like to recommend any software that works well for you but comes at a price, please do let me know :) Please do feel free to recommend alternatives that you think works perfectly fine as well, such as mobile applications or perhaps even some Excel formulas to be used. All recommendations would be much appreciated, and hopefully, others may also benefit from the responses.

Wishing everyone to be able to stay safe.

Regards, Russell

#2 User is offline   P_Marlowe 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-June-25, 06:25

View Postrustysnow, on 2020-June-25, 06:13, said:

Greetings all, hope everyone is doing great despite the circumstances we are in. By the title of the post, one can obviously guess that I can't wait to play live bridge again soon in the future. Anyways, I am here to ask for any Bridge tournament software that TDs use all around the world. I am looking towards software for pairs and possibly individual tournaments mainly (no specific form of scoring or movement in mind). Other features such as being able to be used for teams tournament is a bonus. I do not necessarily require the software to be compatible with the Bridgemates devices as I do not have the devices. I am currently using a MacBook Air, so a bonus for recommendations would be that people have tried it on Macbooks through software such as Wine to run Windows programs (I currently do possess the Wine Installer software). Please do recommend free software too if possible; if you would like to recommend any software that works well for you but comes at a price, please do let me know :) Please do feel free to recommend alternatives that you think works perfectly fine as well, such as mobile applications or perhaps even some Excel formulas to be used. All recommendations would be much appreciated, and hopefully, others may also benefit from the responses.

Wishing everyone to be able to stay safe.

Regards, Russell

Hi,

https://www.rudersyv.de/

Our club uses it.

The free Demo version, works for 4 tables, TM matches ???, it has Bridge mate support,
but commercial version.
It runs on Mac OS, with limitations.

Main issue maybe, that the side is in German, the product is German,
and the target audience are German clubs.

With kind regards
marlowe
With kind regards
Uwe Gebhardt (P_Marlowe)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users