BBO Discussion Forums: Logging into BBO- for ACBL Tournaments - Getting Logged Off - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Logging into BBO- for ACBL Tournaments - Getting Logged Off

#1 User is offline   olegeorge 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-June-24, 15:45

I commonly play daily ACBL games that start at 10:00 a.m. and/or 5:10 p.m. (Eastern Time). Generally one must log on about 20+ minutes before the start time to ensure that one can get online. One CAN NOT - go to kibbitz then - else one will be dumped from the game. One can NOT do anything within BridgeBase - at least that I would want to do, while waiting to play. Because of this, I tend to do other things in other software, while waiting for the game to start. I try to check back about every 5 minutes to "do something" so I don't get logged out and need to log in again. I still get logged out at least once a week.

It would seem logical - that when one logs on AND have paid for a game that is starting within 20-25 minutes, one should be able to do something - click on something - to tell BBO - that one is waiting to play in the upcoming game and SHOULD NOT be logged off. One should not have to deal with getting logged off as an issue - when one logs on to play in a tournament.

Alternate solutions to this, I can not see, but would be open to. Thanks!

#2 User is offline   gbb483 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2020-June-25, 04:12

Once you've navigated the 'Play' screen to where you need to be, could you switch to the 'history' tab and spend some time reviewing previous hands? It would keep you active on BBO and might save you getting logged of and should get you dragged into the tournament when it starts - maybe. Having never played in a tournament other than friendly Teams I might be wrong.

#3 User is offline   olegeorge 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-June-27, 11:46

Yes - one can do that - it is however ridiculous to need to stay - twiddling one's thumbs for 20+ minutes - to avoid missing out on a tournament or regular paid game one is registered for. This morning there was a delay - and a tournament started 25 minutes late- while waiting minute by minute- it required me to click that I was still there. That's not the norm - but one should be able to be in a "rest" state or similar - where one isn't logged out - when signed up for a paid game or tournament.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users