Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Adding deals to Teaching Table How to set the dealer

#1 User is offline   Cods3003 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-April-22, 17:24

I have used the hand editor to create a number of hands in my Deal Archive.
For the lesson we want to run I need to be able to set the dealer and the venerability. I have worked out the Vun issue but cannot see how to change the dealer to seat I want.

All help appreciated.

Jennie

#2 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2020-April-23, 09:51

Someone else asked a similar question a few days ago.

https://www.bridgeba...post__p__994480

#3 User is offline   peggyhhi 

• Pip

Posted 2020-April-26, 10:53

Sorry to appear dense. I just want to add who the dealer is for my hands made in the hand editor. I have read the following posts and I am still confused. Any simple instructions are greatly appreciated.

#4 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2020-April-27, 06:49

The simple answer is that you can't do it with the hand editor.

You can do it by importing hands that you created with some other tool.

#5 User is offline   anspaestia 

• Pip

Posted 2020-May-27, 00:14

View PostCods3003, on 2020-April-22, 17:24, said:

I have used the hand editor to create a number of hands in my Deal Archive.
For the lesson we want to run I need to be able to set the dealer and the venerability. I have worked out the Vun issue but cannot see how to change the dealer to seat I want.

All help appreciated.

Jennie

On the Hand Editor, after creating the hand press the "play" button and then choose the seat you want to be the dealer (click on the seat for ex. click on North). A square with the letter D will apear in the position of the dealer. If you want to change it press another position. Click on this square to change vulnerability.
I read somewhere in the forum, that if you use your saved deals for a turnament or some other functions of the site (not a teaching table) bbo will choose the dealer and vulnerability automaticaly by the default order that is used by its program.

#6 User is offline   carolj12 

• Pip

Posted 2020-June-08, 17:56

I am a new bridge player and very fortunate to have a mentor who teaches 4 of us using BBO Teaching Table. Our mentor is creating hands in Hand Editor for a given lesson. Each of us students would like to save those lesson hands in our Deal Archive so we could review the lesson material later.

But we don't see a way to save the hands to Deal Archive without creating LIN file and then sending that file to other students who then have to upload the file into their Deal Archive. For many people distributing and uploading LIN files is just too much trouble. Yes we can send the HV link via Messages but I don't see a way to upload that HV link into the Teaching Table.

Can you let me know if there is a way to share Hand Editor hands easily so that students can save to their Deal Archive without using export and then import of LIN files?

Thank you very much
carolj12

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users