• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Identifying Dummy during Play

#21 User is offline   0 carbon 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2020-June-08, 15:04

If you turn off "picture of cards" the dummy is shaded and easy to see. You see a hand diagram.
This also makes you less likely to misclick when playing.

#22 User is offline   King_of_D 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-June-23, 13:37

View Postbeowulf, on 2020-June-08, 14:47, said:

Guess you've forgotten what it's like to be a beginner. But I imagine that when you were a beginner, you probably didn't have to learn during a pandemic where the only games were online.

Or, maybe you'd just prefer to scare off all of those pesky newcomers and have the game die out completely in 10 years.

Yeah, right. Congratulations on the straw argument. Even as a complete beginner I (and everyone else I knew) could obviously tell at the end
of the auction who is going to declare the hand. Has anyone told the OP he'll need to count to 13 as well?

#23 User is offline   peakfella 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2021-January-18, 16:22

View PostVampyr, on 2020-June-06, 11:21, said:

Well, if you are declarer, your name will be under your cards. The dummy will have your partner’s name.

I second this suggestion.

My wife and I play BBO A LOT. Would like to ask that you tweak the look of the table top during play .. so the dummy's hand is displayed in some fashion as to make it visually clear to the declarer which hand is the dummy and which is the dummy. I know that the declarer's hand is always on the bottom and the dummy is always on the top, but it is very awkward sometimes during the play to force ourselves to remember which hand the opponents can see and which they can't. Perhaps some kind of border, lamp lights shining or background shadow around the dummy. Something that only shows up on the declarer's table top view.

Also, I had the double click enabled in the settings to cut down on my mechanical clicking errors, but it seems to have stopped working. Any ideas??

#24 User is offline   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2021-January-18, 16:42

View Post0 carbon, on 2020-June-08, 15:04, said:

If you turn off "picture of cards" the dummy is shaded and easy to see. You see a hand diagram.
This also makes you less likely to misclick when playing.

Quite right.
All they have to do is implement the same shading in "picture of cards" (and in the meantime change the default).

#25 User is offline   0 carbon 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2021-January-28, 19:11

View PostVampyr, on 2020-June-06, 11:21, said:

Well, if you are declarer, your name will be under your cards. The dummy will have your partner's name.

And in History?

FWIW, if hand diagrams, dummy has gray background

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users