Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

BBO Teams Seating arrangements

#1 User is offline   bzj 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-June-05, 10:40

When playing Teams in a face to face tourney, if Team 1 NS pair sits at table 1 NS, then the Team 1 EW pair would sit at Table 2 EW; Team 2 NS pair would sit at Table 2, and Team 2 EW pair would sit at Table 1.
If a second round is to be played, then the Team2 pairs would exchange seats with each other, so that they play different opponents.

After watching one of the instructions for setting up BBO teams on YouTube, the instructor was giving the instruction that Team 1 (all players) sit at Table1, Team 2 at Table2, and that for the second round only Table 2 pairs exchange seats.

I would greatly appreciate clarification on this issue - is this YouTube description correct, and does BBO adjust the scoring to accommodate this seating?

#2 User is offline   paulg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-June-05, 12:34

When you create a team match on BBO, Team 1 NS play Team 2 EW for all the boards and Team 2 NS play Team 1 EW for all the boards.

If you want Team 1 NS to play the other pair from Team 2, you need to set up a second team match and manually change one of the line-ups.

This is how BBO has always run team matches and everyone was pretty happy with this, by which I mean no-one asked BBO for anything different so they didn't seek to change it.

Since late March, with the great influx of new users, there have been requests for automatic switching of opponents at half-time, optional switching of opponents, and no change. At some point BBO will probably look at these requests but I guess they are below team tournaments in the priority order at the moment.
The Beer Card

I don't work for BBO and any advice is based on my BBO experience over the decades

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users