BBO Discussion Forums: contradictions in robots' so-called "system" - BBO Discussion Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

contradictions in robots' so-called "system" bid descriptions in robots' "system" should be consistent

#21 User is offline   johnu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-June-08, 01:47

View Postpilowsky, on 2020-June-04, 16:16, said:

That's a logical fallacy called a complete non sequitir johnu, I'm sure rumours of Leo's demise, who is the number one player in the world at the moment are exaggerated.

Great that you were able to toss out some Latin. B-) My comment was based on fact. According to the forum search function, Leo has not posted anything in the forum in over 5 years. He continues to win thousands of ACBL points every year.

#22 User is offline   pilowsky 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-June-08, 02:45

Well spotted John it was a red herring in any language. Anyway, it sounds a bit like you are complaining that GIB does not play your system. GIB is the most obdurate, stubborn and obstinate partner available, along with every other computer program. Keep pressing the button the answer is always the same. non deus ex machina. In any event, I think that is why we all like Bridge so much. Unlike life, Bridge (especially if it is a robot) always tells the truth. It never lies. Although the finesse works 50% of the time, it does work 50% of the time all things being equal. It is when you leave the table then you have problems.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users