BBO Discussion Forums: Rosters.csv file from VACB - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Rosters.csv file from VACB

#1 User is offline   BudH 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:Operations Supervisor/Technical Advisor at nuclear power plant, soccer and basketball referee for more than 25 years; GLM; Ex-Head (Game) Director at South Bend (Indiana) Bridge Club; avid student of bridge law and game movements

Posted 2020-May-27, 05:52

Heading up a main virtual ACBL club with three pooled clubs, I receive a Rosters.csv file with player numbers, names, masterpoints, and for some of them, BBO usernames. I thought it might be a list of everyone who has played at the main club or the three pooled clubs within the last year, but if so, those on that 250 person list has about 100 with BBO names - but we have 140 who are on my member list which I have verified via the new VPortal link tool that all 140 are on my Include List.

So it seems many names are missing. Any idea how that player list is generated for the Rosters.csv file?

#2 User is offline   jnichols 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2020-May-27, 09:04

View PostBudH, on 2020-May-27, 05:52, said:

Heading up a main virtual ACBL club with three pooled clubs, I receive a Rosters.csv file with player numbers, names, masterpoints, and for some of them, BBO usernames. I thought it might be a list of everyone who has played at the main club or the three pooled clubs within the last year, but if so, those on that 250 person list has about 100 with BBO names - but we have 140 who are on my member list which I have verified via the new VPortal link tool that all 140 are on my Include List.

So it seems many names are missing. Any idea how that player list is generated for the Rosters.csv file?

I have noticed the same thing. But some who are missing have played many times at the club. They show up as associated with my club on the VPortal, but are not in the include list. I simply add them as friends.
John S. Nichols - Director & Webmaster
Indianapolis Bridge Center

#3 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2020-June-01, 11:08

I suspect these are users who just joined BBO in the past couple of weeks. I sent ACBL a file mapping acbl numbers to usernames a couple of weeks ago, and they presumably used that to create this file.

On Friday I added a daily feed of this information to ABCL, I hope this means they'll have more timely information in future updates.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users