BBO Discussion Forums: Unable to join reserved seat In in Casual - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Unable to join reserved seat In in Casual

#1 User is offline   chunghomko 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-May-22, 08:53

Three times now I have had a seat reserved for me in casual - refugees. I have logged in, gone to casual and am never taken to the table. Any suggestions?

#2 User is offline   Curls77 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2020-May-22, 13:05

You can only see reservations and join table if the host and you use same bbo version.

#3 User is offline   Gerardo 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2020-May-22, 15:43

Old clients do not not about Casual server.

So you won't be able to join a table there woth and old (Windows, Flash) client.

However, new clients (HTML5, mobile) can see a table an old client opens in the new server.

I think they would get invitations via seat reservation. Definitely can look up profile and join the table that way.

#4 User is offline   tjmalloy 

• Pip

Posted 2020-May-22, 17:56

Geraldo,

Will you elaborate on your last statement "Definitely can look up profile and join the table that way"?

It sounds like there is a way to find a table for which you have a reserved seat and join the table even if the invitation dialog does not appear. How exactly is that done?

Thanks!

View PostGerardo, on 2020-May-22, 15:43, said:

So you won't be able to join a table there woth and old (Windows, Flash) client.

However, new clients (HTML5, mobile) can see a table an old client opens in the new server.

I think they would get invitations via seat reservation. Definitely can look up profile and join the table that way.

#5 User is offline   Curls77 

• PipPipPip

Posted 2020-May-23, 20:37

View PostGerardo, on 2020-May-22, 15:43, said:

NOT TRUE.
We had lesson in IAC club last wednesday where teacher opened table in windows client (V1). None of V3 members could see or join that table, invit or not.

It's been how long now? 2 weeks? and not yet servers communicate, yet we still get this half truths from yellows who are supposed guide us, all the while bbo support only mails ticket saying too busy help? If there ever was one rushed bbo decison this was it, and bbo is not dealing well with consequences. or is it what they wanted = kill casual?

#6 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2020-May-24, 09:29

View PostCurls77, on 2020-May-23, 20:37, said:

NOT TRUE.
We had lesson in IAC club last wednesday where teacher opened table in windows client (V1). None of V3 members could see or join that table, invit or not.

It's been how long now? 2 weeks? and not yet servers communicate, yet we still get this half truths from yellows who are supposed guide us, all the while bbo support only mails ticket saying too busy help? If there ever was one rushed bbo decison this was it, and bbo is not dealing well with consequences. or is it what they wanted = kill casual?

Casual works fine for the majority of users. Yours is a very edge case, the IAC is probably the only remaining active private club still dependent on the older windows executable client.

It's true that the 1-2% users on windows exe and 6-7% of users on the older flash client are affected significantly more than the rest of 90% of our players. There is an easy fix to that: use the latest version of BBO.

And it's inconvenient for the majority to have to make one extra click.

But claiming that BBO is killing Casual is an exaggeration, which is pretty clear from the number of people who are using it successfully.

As a reminder to why BBO made the decision to roll out this new server: before this update, lots of people were effectively unable to login to BBO at all during peak hours, and lots of free team matches and tournaments were cancelled automatically at start because there were too many tables.

So between waiting for the perfect solution while refusing players, and releasing an imperfect solution, but which allows BBO to immediately accommodate everyone, we chose to let everyone in first, and improve later.

#7 User is offline   gbb483 

• PipPipPip

Posted 2020-May-24, 12:18

I had a seat reserved for me in the Relaxed Bridge Club. The session had been going OK, but then BBO disconnected me. So I logged back in, navigated to the table, clicked on the seat where it said 'Sit <username> and got message saying - sit refused !!! The only way I could get back was for the host to re-issue the invite to me. Why couldn't I just 'sit' at my reserved seat?

Unlike today, when I got logged off from a Teams game, as soon as I logged on I found myself back in my seat at the table (though I don't know if the host had anything to do with it.

#8 User is offline   PBB2793 

• Pip

Posted 2020-May-24, 16:20

View Postchunghomko, on 2020-May-22, 08:53, said:

Three times now I have had a seat reserved for me in casual - refugees. I have logged in, gone to casual and am never taken to the table. Any suggestions?

I have the same issue. We are all using the same version of BBO app, but typically 1 user cannot get in and that person when viewing people shows our people are not logged in even though they are at the table and waiting. Would really like to find a solution

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users