BBO Discussion Forums: Cannot set up table with People (Friends)...? - BBO Discussion Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Cannot set up table with People (Friends)...? Click on Casual and they disappear from People list...?

#1 User is offline   Dinarius 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2020-May-11, 09:12

Windows x64

Firefox

I am trying to setup a table with a friend.

When I login, I can see her in my People list.

As soon as I click on Casual (intending to click on Start a Table) my entire People/Friends list goes blank! :unsure:

So, when I set up the table and click Reserve, a popup says that she is not logged in. She clearly is, I just can't see her.

Also, when I click Casual, I also disappear from her People/Friends list.

Same problem with various browsers.

Help, please.

Thanks.

#2 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2020-May-11, 09:31

View PostDinarius, on 2020-May-11, 09:12, said:

Windows x64

Firefox

I am trying to setup a table with a friend.

When I login, I can see her in my People list.

As soon as I click on Casual (intending to click on Start a Table) my entire People/Friends list goes blank! :unsure:

So, when I set up the table and click Reserve, a popup says that she is not logged in. She clearly is, I just can't see her.

Also, when I click Casual, I also disappear from her People/Friends list.

Same problem with various browsers.

Help, please.

Thanks.

BBO was upgraded today.

The whole Casul area was moved to another server, which is why every time you click Casual your friends disappear (you are on a different server).

Ask your friends to also click Casual, and then you will be able to see them and start your game.

Release notes here:
https://blog.bridgeb...-5-6-0-is-here/

#3 User is offline   Dinarius 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-May-11, 09:54

View Postdiana_eva, on 2020-May-11, 09:31, said:

BBO was upgraded today.

The whole Casul area was moved to another server, which is why every time you click Casual your friends disappear (you are on a different server).

Ask your friends to also click Casual, and then you will be able to see them and start your game.

Release notes here:
https://blog.bridgeb...-5-6-0-is-here/

Many thanks for prompt response.

Having both click Casual usen't be necessary.

Is that something that will have to be done from now on?

Thanks.

D.

#4 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-May-11, 10:28

View PostDinarius, on 2020-May-11, 09:54, said:

Many thanks for prompt response.

Having both click Casual usen't be necessary.

Is that something that will have to be done from now on?

Thanks.

D.

I'm not sure how this will hang together. Eventually we will move lists of friends and offer ability to chat cross-server, but for the time being it is necessary for both players to click Casual in order to be on the same server.

#5 User is offline   Dinarius 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-May-11, 10:35

View Postdiana_eva, on 2020-May-11, 10:28, said:

I'm not sure how this will hang together. Eventually we will move lists of friends and offer ability to chat cross-server, but for the time being it is necessary for both players to click Casual in order to be on the same server.

Ok, thanks.

D.

#6 User is offline   treetop_ps 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-May-11, 14:44

Diana—

I seem to be having a problem that may be related to the server changes you mention. For the last Week or so, my partner doesn’t seem to able to see my invitations, either for casual games or for tournaments. If I invite her for a tournament, it tells me she has declined the invitation but she never sees the invitation. If she tries to invite me, it tells her I am not online, even though I am. We’re getting very frustrated since things that used to work seem to have stopped working. Any suggestions?

#7 User is offline   treetop_ps 

• Pip

Posted 2020-May-11, 14:45

For what’s worth, I’m doing BBO through Safari on iOS. She’s using the iOS app.

#8 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-May-12, 01:31

View Posttreetop_ps, on 2020-May-11, 14:44, said:

Diana—

I seem to be having a problem that may be related to the server changes you mention. For the last Week or so, my partner doesn't seem to able to see my invitations, either for casual games or for tournaments. If I invite her for a tournament, it tells me she has declined the invitation but she never sees the invitation. If she tries to invite me, it tells her I am not online, even though I am. We're getting very frustrated since things that used to work seem to have stopped working. Any suggestions?

Hi,

Your problem does not seem to be related to this new client upgrade (which only happened yesterday).

It's possible that your friend accidentally put you on ignore, maybe? Ask her to check your profile and see that it's not set on "Ignore"

Posted Image

#9 User is offline   MarjaR 

• Pip

Posted 2020-May-12, 03:07

Related issue:
Yesterday evening, we tried to set up a table with 4 friends, but it didn't work. For each one of us, only 1 friend showed up in the Friends list as being online, even though all of us had logged in and clicked on Casual.
Regretfully, due to this issue we had to cancel our game.

Is there something more we could have done to be able to see each other and play?

#10 User is offline   Claire R 

• Pip

Posted 2020-May-12, 04:18

Thank you so much for your immediate response to this problem

#11 User is offline   thegwal 

• Pip

Posted 2020-May-12, 07:40

Hi, I had the same problem this morning. I went on line, had been invited to join by a friend, but although there was a place reserved for me, and the table was set up, my three friends had disappeared And it only listed one other who was playing in a tournament. We were connected by phone, I was told to click casual, which I did, but nothing worked. I could not see their names, or the table, and could not join. In the end We all left, and I came back on my iPhone, but the only way we eventually made it work was by me becoming the host and inviting the others by name. Is there a problem with iPads? Is this problem going to continue?

#12 User is offline   tiffer 

• Pip

Posted 2020-May-12, 07:55

So if you set up a casual table on a laptop the players on an iPad or android pad even when clicked on casual can not see each other, and will not receive an invite.
I have not come across a workaround yet so if anyone has a solution please advise.

#13 User is offline   MarjaR 

• Pip

Posted 2020-May-12, 08:02

View Posttiffer, on 2020-May-12, 07:55, said:

So if you set up a casual table on a laptop the players on an iPad or android pad even when clicked on casual can not see each other, and will not receive an invite.
I have not come across a workaround yet so if anyone has a solution please advise.

Maybe it will help if the players on iPad or Android tablet use the browser/website version of BBO as well, instead of the app?

#14 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-May-12, 08:30

View Posttiffer, on 2020-May-12, 07:55, said:

The Android app has been updated, tell them to update from the Google Play store.

We're waiting for Apple to approve the update of the IOS app. Until this is done, tell them to play from the browser.

#15 User is offline   MarjaR 

• Pip

Posted 2020-May-12, 08:50

View PostMarjaR, on 2020-May-12, 03:07, said:

Related issue:
Yesterday evening, we tried to set up a table with 4 friends, but it didn't work. For each one of us, only 1 friend showed up in the Friends list as being online, even though all of us had logged in and clicked on Casual.
Regretfully, due to this issue we had to cancel our game.

Is there something more we could have done to be able to see each other and play?

@barmar, did you see this post?

#16 User is offline   barmar 

Posted 2020-May-12, 08:53

View PostMarjaR, on 2020-May-12, 08:50, said:

I did now.

I'm not sure what would have caused this anomaly, we'll look into it.

#17 User is offline   arrow 

• Pip

Posted 2020-May-12, 08:54

View PostMarjaR, on 2020-May-12, 08:50, said:

Having read this entire thread I now see why I had trouble setting up a table in casual/relaxed club for four newbies.

I did find a way around not being able to see names. IF YOU CHECK THE BOTTOM RIGHT BUTTON TO SHOW OFFLINE you will see all your contacts, whether or not they are in casual. At least that way you can message them if they are online.

#18 User is offline   barmar 

Posted 2020-May-12, 09:05

Make sure everyone is using the latest browser version. The mobile apps are in the pipeline to be updated, but they're not available yet.

#19 User is offline   MarjaR 

• Pip

Posted 2020-May-12, 09:07

View Postbarmar, on 2020-May-12, 09:05, said:

Make sure everyone is using the latest browser version. The mobile apps are in the pipeline to be updated, but they're not available yet.

Okay, thanks. Will try that tonight.

#20 User is offline   treetop_ps 

• Pip

Posted 2020-May-12, 09:13

Thank you, Diana. Yes indeed, she had somehow set me to “ignore.” Fixing that has fixed the problem. Woohoo!

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users