BBO Discussion Forums: Followup after 1minor - (1 banana or X) - transfer - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Followup after 1minor - (1 banana or X) - transfer

#1 User is offline   antonylee 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2020-May-17, 10:48

I considered naming the thread "double before Walsh transfer" to go together with https://www.bridgeba...r-gets-doubled/ :-)

We currently play transfers over 1m-(X) (1=4+ (if m=), 1=4+, 1=transfer to NT, keeping a natural redouble) and 1m-(1red) (X=4+{red+1}, etc.). This is in the context of a natural-or-balanced club, unbalanced diamond. We play what I think are standard-ish followups to the transfer, namely transfer completion at the 1-level showing 3-card support.

Given that we otherwise play T-walsh where transfer completion shows (usually) a weak notrump, I wonder if (for memory reasons) we could instead keep the out-of-competition scheme here? e.g. after
1 (1) X* (p)
1 = weak-notrump, etc.
More specifically, when it is righty who enters into the auction (as in the other thread), I do realize that it is important for opener to immediately clarify the degree of fit, given that there are significant risks that lefty bumps the auction to an uncomfortable level (e.g. 1 (p) 1 (1); some-nondescript-bid (3) ???). However the situation I'm discussing here is quite different: righty has already passed, and it is relatively rarer for lefty to bid twice by himself, so we could just consider that the subsequent auction is likely uncontested and treat it as such.
Thoughts?

#2 User is offline   nullve 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:partscores

Posted 2020-May-17, 11:08

View Postantonylee, on 2020-May-17, 10:48, said:

I wonder if (for memory reasons) we could instead keep the out-of-competition scheme here? e.g. after
1 (1) X* (p)
1 = weak-notrump, etc.

Yes.

#3 User is offline   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-May-17, 14:43

View Postantonylee, on 2020-May-17, 10:48, said:

Thoughts?

Like nigeh, I wonder what Non-Natural Bidding Discussion is for B-)

#4 User is offline   fromageGB 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-May-24, 23:59

And not just a (1). Our unopposed scheme includes a 1 reply as a relay, with balanced or a minor hand, and over any second seat overcall beneath (1NT) it is system on, with double meaning "I would have bid that". NT and minor replies are used to show the other major.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users