BBO Discussion Forums: Asking subs to leave when originals return - BBO Discussion Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Asking subs to leave when originals return

#21 User is offline   sfi 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-September-02, 17:36

m00036, on 2020-September-02, 14:06, said:

This isn't a perfect approach though; I had a sub player last week who played 11 boards before bidding 7NTxx on the 12th. They disconnected and I put a robot in. I then find that BBO had tried to automatically reseat them 4 boards later when they came online so I had to kick them out again... I'm not sure there's a better solution but it's not always perfect (admittedly the FYI reseat instruction is very useful, thanks for that!).

I believe you can stop this from happening by going to the option to sub a player. Enter the new player's name on both fields (player being subbed and the substitute player). Diana_eva said this should stop the original player from being automatically reseated.

#22 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2020-September-03, 04:32

sfi, on 2020-September-02, 17:36, said:

I believe you can stop this from happening by going to the option to sub a player. Enter the new player's name on both fields (player being subbed and the substitute player). Diana_eva said this should stop the original player from being automatically reseated.

Correct. You can permanently assign a player to the seat by subbing them in twice: Once to replace another player, and the second time to sub with self. A message saying "Player blah permanently assigned to seat" will also be sent via TD call, to let you know the permanent substitution was successful.

#23 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2020-September-03, 04:34

pilartarra, on 2020-September-01, 11:03, said:

thanks Diana. I hope it could be added as an option for free tournaments then. :-)

The decision to not reseat players automatically in free games was intentional, as the free games are a lot more random in nature, and original player has not paid anything for that seat.

They can always be reseated by hand upon request but it's very frequent that they do not wish to come back.

#24 User is offline   pilartarra 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-September-03, 07:26

diana_eva, on 2020-September-03, 04:34, said:

The decision to not reseat players automatically in free games was intentional, as the free games are a lot more random in nature, and original player has not paid anything for that seat.

They can always be reseated by hand upon request but it's very frequent that they do not wish to come back.

thanks Diana :-)
We play within our club members and sometimes subs come in when a player has connection issues. But then they want to be reseated once their connection is restored. So I was thinking that an automatic reseat option can be available, and known by subs also, of course, as part of the tournament characteristics

#25 User is offline   Vampyr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-September-03, 11:42

sfi, on 2020-September-02, 17:34, said:

It seems to be a standard dummy spit when someone isn't happy about something on the previous hand. Because some people never made it past the emotional age of 10 (apologies to anyone who actually is 10).

If you were actually trying to throw a board to friends you could be much more subtle about it.

Another reason not to play with strangers. I guess there I should no reason to now, since you can use a robot as a substitute.
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones -- Albert Einstein

#26 User is offline   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-September-03, 13:24

Vampyr, on 2020-September-03, 11:42, said:

Another reason not to play with strangers. I guess there I should no reason to now, since you can use a robot as a substitute.

The only reason is that the robot insists you play his own (somewhat weird) system. But even then he is a lot less problematical than the average human substitute and fairer too, being predictable in level.

#27 User is offline   0 carbon 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2020-September-05, 23:34

PaulJHad, on 2020-August-16, 03:30, said:

An Idea:
The idea of TD's rating Subs has probably been broached before. However I do think that a simple 1-5 rating, shared to all TD's under a loose title of "Would you use this Substitute again" would weed out the less desirable or unreliable subs, and elevate others who treat the invitation respectfully.

In V2, I use categories to ID players who are friendly, those who are rude/slow, and those very rude (I ban them too)

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users