BBO Discussion Forums: Are you there? - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Are you there? Message from BBO saying they think you are away from your keyboard

#1 User is offline   78jayhawk 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-April-30, 19:48

BBO sends a message every 20 minutes or so asking if the player is there. If you don't click the box in a couple of minutes, you are logged off. Beyond the irritation when you are right in the middle of a hand and get this interruption (which is far too frequent for my taste) is the message itself. It says "BBO thinks you are away from your keyboard". If I have active key strokes why does BBO think I am away from my keyboard? If BBO insist on checking every 20 minutes to see if I respond than just say that! Don't say you think I am from my keyboard when I am actively playing a hand. Very annoying message!

#2 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2020-May-01, 09:26

Were you playing a daylong tournament?

Daylongs, challenges, and solitaire use separate servers from the one that tracks idle time. So the main server thinks you're idle while you're playing those games.

#3 User is offline   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-May-01, 09:31

View Postbarmar, on 2020-May-01, 09:26, said:

Daylongs, challenges, and solitaire use separate servers from the one that tracks idle time. So the main server thinks you're idle while you're playing those games.

I just wrote to you in another topic about people who say they were online and ready but failed to be swept into a tournament for some reason.
Could this be one potential cause, that they were playing solitaire rather than watching vugraph or just sitting in the lobby?

#4 User is offline   78jayhawk 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-May-01, 09:42

View Postbarmar, on 2020-May-01, 09:26, said:

Yes, I was playing a daylong tournament? Any way you can have the two servers communicate so the server that checks idle time is informed by the daylong server that the user is active?

#5 User is offline   pilowsky 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-May-02, 03:09

I understand the problem. It's really annoying. Here's an easy solution. Just print this out and press ok every couple of minutes and then they'll know that you are there.
Posted Image
Non legit hoc

#6 User is offline   barmar 

Posted 2020-May-02, 20:21

View Postpescetom, on 2020-May-01, 09:31, said:

I just wrote to you in another topic about people who say they were online and ready but failed to be swept into a tournament for some reason.
Could this be one potential cause, that they were playing solitaire rather than watching vugraph or just sitting in the lobby?

No, it shouldn't cause a problem like this.

#7 User is offline   barmar 

Posted 2020-May-02, 20:22

View Post78jayhawk, on 2020-May-01, 09:42, said:

Yes, I was playing a daylong tournament? Any way you can have the two servers communicate so the server that checks idle time is informed by the daylong server that the user is active?

We're looking into it. We have lots of things on our plate and very few people to do them.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users