BBO Discussion Forums: Visiting another table when you are a playing director - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Visiting another table when you are a playing director

#1 User is offline   criptik 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2020-April-07, 10:55

When I am a playing director (very small tournaments), can I still go to another table when summoned there?
I got a summons today, clicked "Accept" but was not taken to the table.

Also, what is the best way to see how far another table has gotten in the round?
When I click on show tables, I just see the tables and no way to know which board they are playing.

And when I click on Tournament Status, what does the number in parentheses at the end mean?

#2 User is offline   0 carbon 

• PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-April-26, 02:17

criptik, on 2020-April-07, 10:55, said:

Also, what is the best way to see how far another table has gotten in the round?
When I click on show tables, I just see the tables and no way to know which board they are playing.

You have to just join the table Posted Image

criptik, on 2020-April-07, 10:55, said:

And when I click on Tournament Status, what does the number in parentheses at the end mean?

Those are the first few board numbers in the section.

#3 User is offline   j_with_a_B 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-April-26, 04:51

I would suggest that being a playing TD is unwise. Pick a lane and stay in it! Doing both at the same time is not fair to your P and opps as well as to the rest of the players in the tourney. Regardless of how well one may think he can do either, it is not possible to do both at the same time.

#4 User is offline   Vampyr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-April-26, 15:58

j_with_a_B, on 2020-April-26, 04:51, said:

I would suggest that being a playing TD is unwise. Pick a lane and stay in it! Doing both at the same time is not fair to your P and opps as well as to the rest of the players in the tourney. Regardless of how well one may think he can do either, it is not possible to do both at the same time.

In real life clubs with playing directors far outnumber clubs with paid directors. It works fine, so why should it be different online?
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones -- Albert Einstein

#5 User is offline   criptik 

• PipPipPip

Posted 2020-April-26, 20:56

0 carbon, on 2020-April-26, 02:17, said:

You have to just join the table Posted Image

How does one join the table (as a playing director)?

#6 User is offline   scarletv 

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-April-27, 00:06

A playing director can make sense in small tourneys. The smallest tourney with playing director is a team competition. When participating in the match you cannot enter the other table to solve problems but use chat to find out what to do.

When you direct a small tourney with disciplined players and want to play at the same time that is absolutely feasable. There will be only a small number of director calls. But it is not possible to move to another table while playing yourself. You will have to clarify anithing via chat. You need responding players and a patient partner and of course you should already have a sound experience in how to direct tourneys. For advanced directors it might be helpful to use a second nick as co-director and move to tables for calls that are difficult to handle.

I do not recommend playing as director when inexperienced or with inexperienced players.

#7 User is offline   criptik 

• PipPipPip

Posted 2020-April-27, 16:37

scarletv, on 2020-April-27, 00:06, said:

A playing director can make sense in small tourneys. The smallest tourney with playing director is a team competition. When participating in the match you cannot enter the other table to solve problems but use chat to find out what to do.

When you direct a small tourney with disciplined players and want to play at the same time that is absolutely feasable. There will be only a small number of director calls. But it is not possible to move to another table while playing yourself. You will have to clarify anithing via chat. You need responding players and a patient partner and of course you should already have a sound experience in how to direct tourneys. For advanced directors it might be helpful to use a second nick as co-director and move to tables for calls that are difficult to handle.

I do not recommend playing as director when inexperienced or with inexperienced players.

I can see not being able to go to a table for a board you haven't finished yet but don't understand why a playing director can't go to a board that he/she has already finished.

#8 User is offline   criptik 

• PipPipPip

Posted 2020-April-28, 05:40

If I want to adjust a board result in the 20 minute period right after the tournament finishes, do I get to see the full play on the board? If so, what is the procedure for seeing the full play?

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users