• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

"I can only see eight cards..." user issue

#1 User is offline   moosey 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-April-04, 05:12

Hello all,

We've had some successes with getting many of our less technically confident players from our "bricks and mortar" bridge club onto BBO, but there's one who's having an issue I can't fathom and - for obvious reasons - I can't just pop round and try to solve it in person.

His issue is this...

We play multiple short teams matches. Play 6-8 boards, rotate teams/oppo, play another set, rotate again, play a third set. Have an overall winner. It's grand.
The only problem is that when the first set has finished and I start the next set, on the first hand of the match this player reports that he can only see eight cards.
The only solution he has is to log out and back in again. This usually (but not always) fixes it but can take him several minutes to achieve.

I'm not entirely sure what he's seeing - I don't know whether half his screen is obscured by something or he literally has fewer cards than he should.
Note that it only happens on the 2nd and 3rd matches, so I'm guessing that it's a feature of the previous results coming up?

I've asked him to take a photo of his screen next time it happens but alas he reports "I've never taken a photo!"

He is playing on an Amazon Fire tablet.

Any advice or suggestions that anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

#2 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2020-April-04, 22:13

View Postmoosey, on 2020-April-04, 05:12, said:

I've asked him to take a photo of his screen next time it happens but alas he reports "I've never taken a photo!"

He is playing on an Amazon Fire tablet.

You take a screenshot on an Amazon Fire tablet by Pressing the power and volume down buttons at the same time.

Is he running the version of the app from the Amazon App Store? We haven't updated that in almost a year. He can get the latest version from the Google Play Store, but that requires installing the Google Play app on his tablet. See here for instructions:

https://getyeti.webf...zon-fire-tablet

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users