Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Robot Best Hand tournaments

#1 User is offline   rduran1216 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2020-April-02, 10:04

Why do we still not duplicate the best hand tournaments?

It's 15 minutes, who would conspire in these? These should be duplicated. It is nonsense to be dealt hands in best hand where your opponent opens the bidding 16 of the 28 hands you play and other players have scores north of 9000 because at their table they had a game in every hand.

Whoever is in charge of this, this should be addressed.
Aaron Jones Unit 557

www.longbeachbridge.com

#2 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2020-April-03, 08:08

Does anyone understand what he's saying? Robot tournaments ARE duplicate.

Are you talking about Robot Race and Robot Reward? These aren't duplicate because players play different numbers of boards, and part of the strategy is to decide which boards to bid on versus pass out.

#3 User is offline   rduran1216 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2020-April-03, 20:29

see if you can follow me, I'm referring to robot reward hands.

I get 25-40 hands in for every 15 minute game, believe me I understand that some boards you don't bid on.

However, the set of boards should be the same for every player. Even with best hand as a metric, if my deal generates with us having 38HCP vulnerable, I've just gotten 4-5 bid and made games ahead of you just because my set of boards generated this one, while the ones you play the most you ever had combined is lets say 23HCP.

It is inherently gambling and unfair for the boards generated to be different for each player.

Why not make the set of boards the same for each? This is a change that needs to be made.

I don't know who is in charge of something like this, but we need to have a conversation about it.
Aaron Jones Unit 557

www.longbeachbridge.com

#4 User is offline   hrothgar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Travel
    Cooking
    Brewing
    Hiking

Posted 2020-April-03, 22:13

View Postrduran1216, on 2020-April-03, 20:29, said:

see if you can follow me, I'm referring to robot reward hands.

I get 25-40 hands in for every 15 minute game, believe me I understand that some boards you don't bid on.

However, the set of boards should be the same for every player. Even with best hand as a metric, if my deal generates with us having 38HCP vulnerable, I've just gotten 4-5 bid and made games ahead of you just because my set of boards generated this one, while the ones you play the most you ever had combined is lets say 23HCP.

It is inherently gambling and unfair for the boards generated to be different for each player.

If I play in a F2F MP tournament, it is entirely possible that I will play 24 or 27 boards of a total of 36
If I play in a F2F teams tournament, it is entirely possible that the boards that my team is contesting over are different than those another pair of teams are using.

This same thing happens all the time

Why not make the set of boards the same for each?

There is a trade off between the desire to maximize the security of the tournament and requirements around fairness

This is a change that needs to be made.

No

I don't know who is in charge of something like this, but we need to have a conversation about it.

Good luck with that...

BBO is swamped right now and there are a hell of a lot more important things for the powers that be to worry about.
If you don't like the way things are implemented, don't play
Alderaan delenda est

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users