• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Missing Friends

#1 User is online   jandrew 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2021-January-29, 04:03

What am I doing to my friends?

Over the last two/three weeks I have noticed that some of my friends do not appear, either in Blue or Grey, on my “Friends List” (>People>Friends) when I know that they are online – I am even chatting to them and they are not on the list.

But if I click the “Show Offline” button – they appear as online and as where they are playing or kibitzing. But if I click “Show Offline” button off - they disappear again, but I can see them and chat with them.

So - shortly after 20.00 GMT on Thursday 28 January - I am directing a tournament and can see several friends (both Blue and Grey) are playing in the tournament. But they are not showing on my “Friends List”. I did a quick count:

Of the 20 ‘Blue’ Friends in the tournament only 4 showed up on the “Friends List”
Of the 31 ‘Grey’ Friends in the tournament only 11 showed up on the “Friends List”

Where have all my friends gone? We are all on the same server – playing in or directing the same tournament. They are all on the “Show Offline” list which shows them all playing in the tournament. But they are not on the normal list.

Is it me?

#2 User is offline   pilowsky 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2021-January-29, 04:37

jandrew, on 2021-January-29, 04:03, said:

What am I doing to my friends?

Over the last two/three weeks I have noticed that some of my friends do not appear, either in Blue or Grey, on my "Friends List" (>People>Friends) when I know that they are online – I am even chatting to them and they are not on the list.

But if I click the "Show Offline" button – they appear as online and as where they are playing or kibitzing. But if I click "Show Offline" button off - they disappear again, but I can see them and chat with them.

So - shortly after 20.00 GMT on Thursday 28 January - I am directing a tournament and can see several friends (both Blue and Grey) are playing in the tournament. But they are not showing on my "Friends List". I did a quick count:

Of the 20 'Blue' Friends in the tournament only 4 showed up on the "Friends List"
Of the 31 'Grey' Friends in the tournament only 11 showed up on the "Friends List"

Where have all my friends gone? We are all on the same server – playing in or directing the same tournament. They are all on the "Show Offline" list which shows them all playing in the tournament. But they are not on the normal list.

Is it me?

No, I have had the same problem intermittently. I try not to take it personally.
Non legit hoc

#3 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2021-February-05, 10:02

They may have logged in as "Invisible".

#4 User is online   jandrew 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2021-February-05, 11:04

barmar, on 2021-February-05, 10:02, said:

They may have logged in as "Invisible".

I did consider that but wasn't sure whether an invisible player who did not show up on the "online" list would, nevertheless, show up as online on the "offline" list.
In any event I doubted (to the point of rejection) that of 51 Blue/Grey friends who were playing in a tournament 36 would have bothered to logon as invisible leaving only 15 as visible.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users