BBO Discussion Forums: Just Play Bridge - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Just Play Bridge Layout changes? Not available?

#1 User is offline   LWK69 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-March-24, 13:45

Is the Solitaire Just Play Bridge (Free) no longer available? The screen layout has changed to include a list of players online with points and the History tabs doesn't display any of the games I play. Looking at the About Solitaire Bridge information, the screen looks like the Bridge 4 version of Solitaire (I've never played that option so I'm not sure), not the Just Play Bridge version I've been playing for the last several years. Has that been eliminated? There are other changes to the screen layout, so I'm wondering if there was an update of some sort. I've looked through the news and can't find any mention of it.

#2 User is offline   rbforster 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-March-24, 14:18

Same question, the sizes of all the cards are super big now compared to how they were this weekend, in addition to the player/chat list starting on that side by default. I seem to remember a way to adjust the font size but that seems to be gone too.

I also can’t get the double dummy results anymore when looking at the hand results.

Animations when playing are also much slower.

Edit: there do seem to be some new features, like being able to only see certain hands when you replay the hand in the results, and letting you declare when your partner robot steals the contract from you.

For comparison, you can see the difference if you look at the Practice->Bridge Master teaching hands, which use the old format, and the Solitaire->Just Play Bridge, or Bridge 4 ones, which use the new format.

#3 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2020-March-25, 09:12

To alleviate load on our main server, we've redirected the solitaire games to the anonymous web games.

Sorry for the confusion.

#4 User is offline   rbforster 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-March-25, 09:43

View Postbarmar, on 2020-March-25, 09:12, said:

To alleviate load on our main server, we've redirected the solitaire games to the anonymous web games.

Sorry for the confusion.

Thanks for the explanation. Good luck in handling the extra load and I look forward to these solitaire versions returning to their old state once things settle down on your end.

#5 User is offline   LWK69 

• Pip

Posted 2020-March-25, 15:01

View Postrbforster, on 2020-March-25, 09:43, said:

Thanks for the explanation. Good luck in handling the extra load and I look forward to these solitaire versions returning to their old state once things settle down on your end.

Same here. Appreciate your efforts in managing this site so well under difficult circumstances.

#6 User is offline   kathryn18 

• Pip

Posted 2021-February-16, 20:52

View PostLWK69, on 2020-March-24, 13:45, said:

Is the Solitaire Just Play Bridge (Free) no longer available? The screen layout has changed to include a list of players online with points and the History tabs doesn't display any of the games I play. Looking at the About Solitaire Bridge information, the screen looks like the Bridge 4 version of Solitaire (I've never played that option so I'm not sure), not the Just Play Bridge version I've been playing for the last several years. Has that been eliminated? There are other changes to the screen layout, so I'm wondering if there was an update of some sort. I've looked through the news and can't find any mention of it.

Did you ever get an answer? Even with new update, my soltaire displays incorrectly. Every other page works. Thoughts?

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users