Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Confirm play

#1 User is offline   Vampyr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-March-22, 16:30

Hi. I have just tried the new EBU tournaments, and while the UI is of course not nearly as good as OKBridge was, it was OK. However, I would like to be able to confirm/have to double-click on my calls and plays. I play on an iPad and my fingers could easily hit the wrong thing. If that does happen, I suppose I can undo? How is that done?
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones -- Albert Einstein

#2 User is online   sfi 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-March-22, 18:40

Vampyr, on 2020-March-22, 16:30, said:

If that does happen, I suppose I can undo? How is that done?

There should be a menu in the top corner just next to the playing area - it looks like a blue box with three horizontal grey lines. Click on this and you should find the option to undo. Your opponents will be asked to agree to it.

#3 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2020-March-23, 08:08

Go to Account -> Settings and you can enable "Confirm bid" and/or "Confirm play".

#4 User is offline   mycroft 

• Secretary Bird
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-April-03, 10:42

I have always found that dragging cards instead of clicking them minimizes the "confirm" issues.

I don't think it works with hand diagrams, of course.
When I go to sea, don't fear for me, Fear For The Storm -- Birdie and the Swansong (tSCoSI)

#5 User is offline   Vampyr 

Posted 2020-April-03, 12:25

mycroft, on 2020-April-03, 10:42, said:

I have always found that dragging cards instead of clicking them minimizes the "confirm" issues.

I don't think it works with hand diagrams, of course.

Is it possible to drag cards? I didn’t know that.
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones -- Albert Einstein

#6 User is offline   mycroft 

• Secretary Bird

Posted 2020-June-18, 13:29

"Well of course you can..." Well, a couple of months more playing, and forcing myself to use the new version, and:
In (V1 and) V2, you can drag.
In V3, instead, you hover on the card and it pops up. *After* it pops up, you click on it.
In either case, if you're prone to accidentally click while using the mouse, using "confirm play" is probably critical.
When I go to sea, don't fear for me, Fear For The Storm -- Birdie and the Swansong (tSCoSI)

#7 User is offline   pescetom 

Posted 2020-June-18, 14:16

mycroft, on 2020-June-18, 13:29, said:

In V3, instead, you hover on the card and it pops up. *After* it pops up, you click on it.

Having the preselected card pop up (in "pictures of cards" view) is a good idea.
But having to then click on it is simply daft - this adds another stressful and error-prone task which vanifies the whole point of a "confirm" option IMO.
Why not let me simply accept the popped up card by clicking on the table ("play it") instead?
I have suggested this many times already, but another try cannot hurt.
Similarily, if the wrong card pops up, clicking to the left of the hand should make the card on the left pop up, and so on.

I haven't tried playing with the (superior) "hand diagram" view when on a phone, so no thoughts about how confirm should work there. Magnifying the area around my finger would certainly help. On a big tablet I am semi-comfortable without confirm although the touch interface does add some stress compared to a mouse.

#8 User is offline   Vampyr 

Posted 2020-June-18, 16:49

pescetom, on 2020-June-18, 14:16, said:

Having the preselected card pop up (in "pictures of cards" view) is a good idea.
But having to then click on it is simply daft - this adds another stressful and error-prone task which vanifies the whole point of a "confirm" option IMO.
Why not let me simply accept the popped up card by clicking on the table ("play it") instead?
I have suggested this many times already, but another try cannot hurt.
Similarily, if the wrong card pops up, clicking to the left of the hand should make the card on the left pop up, and so on.

I haven't tried playing with the (superior) "hand diagram" view when on a phone, so no thoughts about how confirm should work there. Magnifying the area around my finger would certainly help. On a big tablet I am semi-comfortable without confirm although the touch interface does add some stress compared to a mouse.

I am using some version on my iPad, and the card doesn’t pop up. Having it pop up and then tap it again would definitely be my preference if it were possible,

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users