BBO Discussion Forums: How to organize a private club tournament on BBO? - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How to organize a private club tournament on BBO?

#1 User is offline   C_arnould 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-March-14, 12:59

Hi,

Due to restrictions around the coronavirus, many clubs are temporarily closed.

Would it be possible to temporarily have tournament director rights on BBO to create tournaments reserved for members of our club?
If yes, how should I proceed? Thx

P.S : Sorry for the translation, I'm using google trad.

#2 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2020-March-14, 14:26

See the links in this post

https://www.bridgeba...post__p__991453

#3 User is offline   arunodoysa 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-June-25, 12:24

I tried to email the bridgebase support. But they are not allowing new directors. We have a big group and a lot of pressure from them to open a tournament. Can anyone help please?

#4 User is offline   m00036 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2020-June-25, 15:22

View Postarunodoysa, on 2020-June-25, 12:24, said:

I tried to email the bridgebase support. But they are not allowing new directors. We have a big group and a lot of pressure from them to open a tournament. Can anyone help please?

Clubs can get in touch with their national bridge organisation to create a "Virtual Club". This is currently the only way of adding a new director to BBO and a fee will be charged by BBO for each tournament that is held, reflecting the increase in server costs that they have taken on due to the increased demand. These sessions also support your national bridge organisation as you would during normal times. With the exception of specific groups, such as improvers or juniors, I think BBO has taken the right approach on this to ensure that it is sustainable as an organisation and to support as many clubs as possible; This is of course possible only if clubs are prepared to support BBO's expansion, which has added to BBO's costs.

As it is, the freedom of existing directors to create free tournaments is set to be limited over the summer and wouldn't suit the needs of a big group (as they are now restricted in size), though it is very likely that BBO will reverse the changes once the pandemic is over and demand returns to normal.

If you consider this to be a transfer of your costs from a physical venue to an online venue, then BBO has provided a very realistic and fair option for all clubs, and BBO is certainly investing in both the free and paid parts of their site to support players, as opposed to taking the increase entirely as profit.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users