Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Auto Sub Robots

#1 User is offline   gsbarwick 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-June-18, 21:15

Can we please have a feature in the tournament setup to auto sub robots in when there is a sitout pair? Thanks :)

#2 User is offline   Vampyr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-June-18, 21:28

gsbarwick, on 2020-June-18, 21:15, said:

Can we please have a feature in the tournament setup to auto sub robots in when there is a sitout pair? Thanks :)

If your tournament allows robots, it is very easy to place them in the sitout seats.
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones -- Albert Einstein

#3 User is offline   gsbarwick 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-June-18, 22:58

I am aware of that. I would be nice to have one less step to do that is easy to automate.

#4 User is offline   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-June-19, 16:00

Vampyr, on 2020-June-18, 21:28, said:

If your tournament allows robots, it is very easy to place them in the sitout seats.

The tournament does not have to allow robots (as in people registering together with a robot) for Director to be able to manually substitute sitouts with robots.

gsbarwick, on 2020-June-18, 22:58, said:

I am aware of that. I would be nice to have one less step to do that is easy to automate.

A frequent request to BBO already.
Similar and even more useful would be to have robots automatically replace dropouts, and for players who reenter after disconnection to be able to regain their place at the end of the current hand, all without manual intervention.

#5 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2020-June-22, 08:30

pescetom, on 2020-June-19, 16:00, said:

Similar and even more useful would be to have robots automatically replace dropouts, and for players who reenter after disconnection to be able to regain their place at the end of the current hand, all without manual intervention.

Some tournaments, such as ACBL speedballs, have the feature that the original player automatically replaces a sub at the end of the hand when they come back.

If robot subs are used in these tournaments, this works the same way.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users