Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Full Double Dummy Analysis

#1 User is offline   dickey38 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-March-10, 16:39

As a newcomer to BBO I find it surprising that there is no option to see a full double dummy analysis for each deal.

For example, the image shown below is taken from the bridgewebs.com website that provides results of events at my local bridge club. At lower right is a summary of what can be made in each strain by the different declarers. I have also seen analyses that show “par” for each deal, taking into account contracts that go down doubled.

I don’t suggest that the current GIB Double Dummy feature be dropped – it is very useful indeed. But a full deal double dummy feature would be a great addition.

Posted Image

#2 User is offline   PL53 

• Pip

Posted 2020-April-06, 01:12

There is an option for this with a teaching table but the results are, at least for me, incomprehensible. I would like to see it even for bidding practice tables

#3 User is online   paulg 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-April-06, 02:26

Use a free double dummy solver that can download your BBO results, such as http://www.bridgecap...downloadDD.html
The Beer Card

I don't work for BBO and any advice is based on my BBO experience over the decades

#4 User is offline   0 carbon 

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2020-April-08, 21:57

It also has the advantages:
  • it only has to be calculated ONCE per deal
  • it's clear what opps could have made.
  • It covers all making contracts without resort to exporting hand link & editing URL

#5 User is offline   airglow 

• Pip

Posted 2020-April-09, 19:12

I totally agree that full 5 denomination x 4 seat double dummy information should be presented. So should the par contract(s). Computationally it is cheap (do it once per deal with the fast DDS program) and ACBL players have come to expect it from Dealmaster Pro, ACBL Live, ACBLmerge / Common Game, Bridge Results, and Bridge Webs. Seems like there is for it in the UI, say at the lower left of the deal display under the History tab.

Sure you can load things into a double dummy solver at another time but deals come fast in BBO and often you would like a quick understanding of what was possible and whether you beat par. Of course double dummy par is not the same as single dummy "par", but that is a matter of user education. If there is a concern that this feature will confuse players, it can be made a setting that has to be enabled before double dummy results and the par contract(s) are displayed.

#6 User is offline   tabletwo 

• Pip

Posted 2020-April-15, 08:45

If you use the chrome web browser to login to BBO (on a PC or Mac) you can use my Bridge Solver chrome extension to obtain makeable contracts on boards played on BBO. This extension can capture boards and calculate makeable contracts from a board displayed in the "History" section of the BBO screen, or from a board actively being played (if you are kibitzing at a table). The board display must be in Hand Diagram mode (rather than Pictures of Cards), and the option "Show Played Cards" should be selected. If the chrome extension is installed, its icon (a spade) will turn green when there is a board on display in the BBO window. Clicking on the icon will launch Bridge Solver Online in a new tab, displaying the hand record and the makeable contracts.

This extension can also be installed on an android phone/tablet if using the Yandex browser. No solution for iPhone/iPad I'm afraid.

For more details of Bridge Solver and the chrome extension see my website.

John Goacher

#7 User is offline   pescetom 

Posted 2020-April-15, 16:09

View Posttabletwo, on 2020-April-15, 08:45, said:

If you use the chrome web browser to login to BBO (on a PC or Mac) you can use my Bridge Solver chrome extension to obtain makeable contracts on boards played on BBO.

I already do and it is awesome. Thanks!

#8 User is offline   y66 

Posted 2020-June-25, 09:48

Nice work by John Goacher on the BridgeSolver chrome extension which is indeed awesome.
If you lose all hope, you can always find it again -- Richard Ford in The Sportswriter

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users