BBO Discussion Forums: Various thoughts on a Tuesday evening - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Various thoughts on a Tuesday evening

#1 User is offline   kansas88 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-March-11, 22:34

I don't play much live bridge anymore but when I do, and look out over the room, I don't see many of those well-dressed, lily-white suburban matrons, like the ones on the new BBO splash screen. In fact, I don't see any. It's well known that the average age of today's bridge player is about 156, the normal blood pressure is 185/93, and the BBO customer base is probably well over 50% non-American. So, who took over the decision making? Non-bridge players who think they're fooling customers into believing that if you join you'll meet hot babes?

Next, how's raising the Robot Duplicate MPs from twenty-nine cents to almost half a dollar working out for you? It's pure greed. It's not nearly as evil, though, as that little, almost invisible, notice on the newsfeed the other day about changing the default dollar amount from $20 to $30 to buy BBO credit. Check the first paragraph of this post, notice the average of bridge players and see if you don't look like you're preying on the elderly who are used to and have budgeted $20 purchases and suddenly find themselves overspending and don't have a clue about how to "try" to get their money back.

Finally, I saving my complaints about how robot tournaments, including the ACBL, are not bridge, for another time.

#2 User is offline   pilowsky 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-March-12, 00:42

That's grossly unfair. I took up duplicate bridge 1 year ago so that I could meet beautiful women and handsome men that were well dressed and chatted calmly about philosophy and religion. I have to say its really been working out for me. Although I must say the ones that I meet tend to be doctors, lawyers and engineers. Perhaps they should replace the tape measure with a stethoscope?
Non legit hoc

#3 User is offline   helene_t 

• The Abbess
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-March-12, 01:54

View Postpilowsky, on 2020-March-12, 00:42, said:

I took up duplicate bridge 1 year ago so that I could meet beautiful women and handsome men that were well dressed and chatted calmly about philosophy and religion. I have to say its really been working out for me.

Haha this thread comes to mind
https://www.bridgeba...you-play-bridge

Josh said he played "for the ladies". Justin replied that he would probably quit bridge for the same reason.
The world would be such a happy place, if only everyone played Acol :) --- TramTicket

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users