Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The robot replacement glitch

#1 User is online   smerriman 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-February-20, 22:01

This has been around for a while - possibly related to v3 - and many people I've talked to seem to know about it. But I don't know whether it's being fixed or what the status is so I'm reporting it here as a reference point.

Situation: playing in the MBC with robots in some of the seats.

A robot is removed, and replaced with a human.

Regularly, during the next one or two hands, the game gets stuck. Some players see a bid made or a card played by a certain player, while others don't, leading everyone to think it's someone else's turn. You then take it in turns to leave the table and come back to see if that fixes it.

I've also seen cases where:

- I sit, and am about to bid but then my bid appears automatically as if the previous robot bid for me
- I sit, see nothing happens for ages, and then the hand suddenly finishes (ie, I was the only not to see the bidding finish, everyone else was playing)
- I see a different final contract between during the play and after the play has complete.

It appears in every single case, the cause is that the server thinks the robot is still in a seat, when they are not. When the robot action doesn't line up with the human action, everything gets out of sync.

Is this being fixed? If not, can it be fixed?

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users