• You cannot reply to this topic

rkc 2 or 6 question

#1 User is offline   thomas c 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:golf, bridge, opera

Posted 2020-February-23, 09:40

https://tinyurl.com/qpfe2ws

it has been my experience that the bots freely raise to game on hands like this so i did. then my bot partner bid rkc. i decided to lie and bid 5h (forgetting it coud be 2 or 5). of course my bot partner bid 6 and then
with the bad split im down 2.

my qestion is does he bid 6 regardless of 2 or 5? most human partners wont bid rkc with this hand btw.

#2 User is offline   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-February-23, 11:11

View Postthomas c, on 2020-February-23, 09:40, said:

it has been my experience that the bots freely raise to game on hands like this so i did. then my bot partner bid rkc. i decided to lie and bid 5h (forgetting it coud be 2 or 5). of course my bot partner bid 6 and then
with the bad split im down 2.

my qestion is does he bid 6 regardless of 2 or 5? most human partners wont bid rkc with this hand btw.

You could raise to game on less than that - but bots place 19-22 points on a splinter, so maybe there is some logic in his RKC despite your discouraging 4S.
Having bid RKC, I think he has every right to assume 5 not 2 here.

#3 User is offline   thomas c 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Interests:golf, bridge, opera

Posted 2020-February-23, 13:52

View Postpescetom, on 2020-February-23, 11:11, said:

You could raise to game on less than that - but bots place 19-22 points on a splinter, so maybe there is some logic in his RKC despite your discouraging 4S.

you know pesky tom it is difficult to be nice to someone who always seems to make negative posts. maybe it makes you feel better. i think my post was clear. if you didnt understand it that is
your problem. perhaps you would not bid 4 on that hand and believe me any expert player would. and NO expert player would bid rkc on the bot hand in that sequence. NEVER

#4 User is offline   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-February-23, 14:07

View Postthomas c, on 2020-February-23, 13:52, said:

you know pesky tom it is difficult to be nice to someone who always seems to make negative posts. maybe it makes you feel better. i think my post was clear. if you didnt understand it that is
your problem. perhaps you would not bid 4 on that hand and believe me any expert player would. and NO expert player would bid rkc on the bot hand in that sequence. NEVER

I don't think I always make negative posts, but I respect your right to say so if that is your impression (preferably without insulting me by distorting a nickname).
I understood your post, I don't think you understood mine.
I would always bid 4 on your hand (or even less, as I said) and never bid RKC on the bot hand, even more so if partner replied 4S to 3S.
I would never agree that a splinter has to show 19-22, but the bot imposes that agreement.
If I had the problem of being a bot I would always assume 5 not 2 (2 is inconsistent with the auction and I am incapable of reflecting on the implications of 5).

#5 User is online   johnu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-February-24, 03:22

View Postpescetom, on 2020-February-23, 11:11, said:

That's a ridiculous assumption. Having bid Blackwood with 0 keycards, North has a clear 5 signoff. Maybe, just maybe, South would continue bidding holding all 5 keycards since he knows his partner asked with 0. B-)

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users