• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Save the chat that is not sent

#1 User is offline   Fluffy 

• World International Master without a clue
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2020-February-03, 06:22

I am playing latelly 2/3 tournaments a week with students, and we discuss boards in private between rounds.

It is a minor anoyance when the round finishes and you try to send him another private message, just to find that the message was not delivered because partner is no longer a valid recipent due to him being partner on the current hand.

Sometimes I might have typed 20-25 word message that is now lost forever and have to retype it.

It would be wellcome if chats that are unsent remain on the clipboard, or the chat box, or maybe somehwere where I can copy+paste it.

#2 User is offline   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-February-03, 07:05

View PostFluffy, on 2020-February-03, 06:22, said:

It would be wellcome if chats that are unsent remain on the clipboard, or the chat box, or maybe somehwere where I can copy+paste it.

It would be more logical and useful if the attempted chat was stored and delivered once recipient has finished playing together.
"You can now chat to Fluffy. At 21:05 he wrote: "

Another improvement would be if chat was re-enabled once both players have finished playing to the last hand of a tournament, rather than once everyone else has finished.

Of course the first improvement would already render the second less pressing.

#3 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2020-February-04, 02:00

View Postpescetom, on 2020-February-03, 07:05, said:

Another improvement would be if chat was re-enabled once both players have finished playing to the last hand of a tournament, rather than once everyone else has finished.

That shouldn't be a problem. Chat is allowed between the last board of a round and the start of the next round. After the last board of the last round, it should also be enabled.

#4 User is offline   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2020-February-04, 03:14

View Postbarmar, on 2020-February-04, 02:00, said:

That shouldn't be a problem. Chat is allowed between the last board of a round and the start of the next round. After the last board of the last round, it should also be enabled.

It would be a great improvement. Frequently I have something to say to someone who partnered me during a tournament (often just "sorry") but it's not allowed yet and I want to leave BBO and do something else.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users