Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Make BBO usable on a big screen

#1 User is offline   bbstar 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-January-25, 07:08

Current BBO uses same layout for mobile and web browsers. If I use a 20'+ monitor, and a mouse, there is plenty of room.
1. The cards can be smaller to free up some room.
2. The bidding preview should not hide any cards. This applies to vugraph, daylongs, normal play.
3. The bidding preview should be easier to close.
4. The alerts of vugraph should not hide any cards. Again: In some cases the explanation is simply ".".
5. The previously played cards should be visible trick-by-trick (eg show cards on 1-st trick immediately). If I join vugraph in the middle of the game, there is no easy way to see how the play has gone. (Currently the only option is to navigate backwards, and see the pointless animation in which order the cards were played. Not so useful, as would like to see the replay in the forward direction.)
6. If someone else is claiming, please make the claim message more useful.
7. Do not hide the tricks currently won and lost, if the claim message appears.
8. Make it easier to navigate to user profile (at the table). Currently two options: left-click + profile. Right-click + profile. Unneccessary duplication.
9. To close the profile, I need to press "X". To close the bidding, I have to click on the contract (!). To close the previous trick, I have to click on the number of tricks (!). Some menus will close, if I click somewhere else on the table. Make it more intuitive by using same method everywhere.
10. "Undo", "View double dummy", "Show bidding on other table (vugraph)" could be 1-click actions. There is enough room on the screen for simple buttons.

Sorry for posting all the ideas in a single thread.
Designing a usable UI is never an easy task. Good luck!

#2 User is offline   Hades 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2020-January-25, 10:38

Another suggestion: If i close the chat, tournament chats and sharing trash youtube video links still appear on my screen. It feels like yellow screen of death.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users