Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Kibitzing Quirks (HTML5) Minor, but....

#1 User is offline   HeavyDluxe 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2019-November-21, 09:47

So, up front, these are super minor things but figured people might want to know. Running on primarily on a Pixelbook (ChromeOS with Chrome) but can duplicate the same thing on my Macbook Pro (Catalina/Chrome) as well.

1) Let's say you want to 'kibitz East' to look over someone's shoulder. An auction happens and West is declarer. On the old clients, you could see declarer's (partner's) hand when the opening lead hit the table. That would let you, in essence, plan the play along with declarer, kibitz the hand from declarer's perspective, and then return to seeing East only when the next hand was dealt.

In the web client, declarer's hand isn't becoming visible until the play to trick 1 makes it all the way to declarer's hand. I'm guessing this is either some anti-cheating thing - though that doesn't make a lot of sense - or some minor bug.

2) On small-screened clients, the 'right-click' menu for clicking on player at a table isn't very 'smart'. That is, if I right-click on south to kibitz their hand only, it can be the case that a substantial portion of the pop-up menu runs off screen. To kibitz south, I might have to 'kibitz east' first to shift south around at the table and then I can access the full menu on their username. It isn't that there's too little screen to draw the menu, really. It's just that it draws from the user's name/seat DOWN rather than from the window/screen border UP.

Just a couple quibblies that I've bumped into that I thought I'd raise... Certainly nothing terrible, and probably something that has negative consequences I'm not thinking of were they implemented differently. Still, here they are. :)

Thanks for the service you all provide to us!

#2 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2019-November-21, 16:32

View PostHeavyDluxe, on 2019-November-21, 09:47, said:

So, up front, these are super minor things but figured people might want to know. Running on primarily on a Pixelbook (ChromeOS with Chrome) but can duplicate the same thing on my Macbook Pro (Catalina/Chrome) as well.

1) Let's say you want to 'kibitz East' to look over someone's shoulder. An auction happens and West is declarer. On the old clients, you could see declarer's (partner's) hand when the opening lead hit the table. That would let you, in essence, plan the play along with declarer, kibitz the hand from declarer's perspective, and then return to seeing East only when the next hand was dealt.

In the web client, declarer's hand isn't becoming visible until the play to trick 1 makes it all the way to declarer's hand. I'm guessing this is either some anti-cheating thing - though that doesn't make a lot of sense - or some minor bug.

2) On small-screened clients, the 'right-click' menu for clicking on player at a table isn't very 'smart'. That is, if I right-click on south to kibitz their hand only, it can be the case that a substantial portion of the pop-up menu runs off screen. To kibitz south, I might have to 'kibitz east' first to shift south around at the table and then I can access the full menu on their username. It isn't that there's too little screen to draw the menu, really. It's just that it draws from the user's name/seat DOWN rather than from the window/screen border UP.

Just a couple quibblies that I've bumped into that I thought I'd raise... Certainly nothing terrible, and probably something that has negative consequences I'm not thinking of were they implemented differently. Still, here they are. :)

Thanks for the service you all provide to us!

Thanks. These are buglets, not "features". Noted and we'll fix in the next upgrades.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users