BBO Discussion Forums: Booted while in another browser tab - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Booted while in another browser tab Booted from Express tournies waiting for next han

#1 User is offline   Gazumper 

• PipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2019-November-13, 16:52

I play express tournies a lot and I'm finding I'm getting booted more often when I temporarily switch to another browser tab. Other times I'll switch back to my game after a few seconds and see the dealing animations catching up while I've got 6 seconds left to make my play, booted again. There is also not always a sound warning from the BBO tab when it's my turn. I use the latest Firefox browser with the content process limit set to 8 (default).

#2 User is offline   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2019-November-14, 07:45

View PostGazumper, on 2019-November-13, 16:52, said:

I play express tournies a lot and I'm finding I'm getting booted more often when I temporarily switch to another browser tab. Other times I'll switch back to my game after a few seconds and see the dealing animations catching up while I've got 6 seconds left to make my play, booted again. There is also not always a sound warning from the BBO tab when it's my turn. I use the latest Firefox browser with the content process limit set to 8 (default).

Are you sure that switching to another tab is relevant?
I have been having similar timeout problems but without even switching tabs, simply waiting for the next hand to start or waiting for the server to acknowledge my first bid to the next hand.
In my case using the latest Chrome but again that may not be relevant.

#3 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2019-November-14, 15:10

Firefox might not play sound effects from a tab that doesn't have focus; if so, I doubt there's anything we can do to get around this restriction. Try using multiple windows instead of tabs.

But in general, you shouldn't be multitasking while playing express tourneys.

#4 User is offline   pescetom 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2019-November-15, 03:08

View Postbarmar, on 2019-November-14, 15:10, said:

Try using multiple windows instead of tabs.

Now that's an interesting point. I moved to multiple tabs about the time I started using HTML client.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users