BBO Discussion Forums: Screen freezes - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Screen freezes My screen is freezing now 3very time I play on BBO. Can you help plea

#1 User is offline   meddlesome 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2021-March-25, 09:40

My screen was freezing on a regular basis, the the computer started to crash after this had happened a few times. I have bought a new man book and am horrified to find that the screen is still freezing virtually every time I p,any. Can you please help.

#2 User is offline   Chas_P 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2021-March-25, 19:29

meddlesome, on 2021-March-25, 09:40, said:

I have bought a new man book and am horrified to find that the screen is still freezing virtually every time I p,any.

Maybe the man book identifies as a woman book.

#3 User is offline   MRTRUB44 

• PipPip

Posted 2021-March-26, 01:11

My screen was freezing on a regular basis, the the computer started to crash after this had happened a few times. I have bought a new man book and am horrified to find that the screen is still freezing virtually every time I p,any. Can you please help.

If you contact support with the following information
1) Type of computer - windows, Mac, etc.
2) Operating system including release level
3) Browser being used including release level
4) What you typed in immediately before the freeze/crash
they may be able to help you. BBO runs on a side variety of devices.

#4 User is offline   Rufferman 

• Pip

Posted 2021-March-26, 02:08

I don’ know whether this would be considered as a similar problem but I have tried using Voice whilst on a teaching table several times and never been successful. Using macOS Catalina I get as far as the blue voice button changing to yellow but then my computer completely freezes up and I have to spend several minutes trying to "Force Quit" BBO. Someone suggested emptying the cache but that has made no difference. I hope for a solution to this frustrating problem.. Thank you.

#5 User is offline   patcanuck 

• PipPip

Posted 2021-March-26, 05:50

I too am on Catalina and just seconds ago experienced yet another screen freeze while playing Solitaire.It seems a far more frequent occurrence when using Safari and seldom on Firefox. It is alsow true that attending lessons using BBO voice is an exercise in frustration using Safari but fine with Firefox and a host of other browsers.

#6 User is offline   Rufferman 

• Pip

Posted 2021-March-28, 01:38

patcanuck, on 2021-March-26, 05:50, said:

I too am on Catalina and just seconds ago experienced yet another screen freeze while playing Solitaire.It seems a far more frequent occurrence when using Safari and seldom on Firefox. It is alsow true that attending lessons using BBO voice is an exercise in frustration using Safari but fine with Firefox and a host of other browsers.

Thank you very much patcanuck for your comment. Using Firefox instead of Safari has solved my problem. Voice is now working well.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users