BBO Discussion Forums: All-Play-All Clocked Possible? - BBO Discussion Forums

Jump to content

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

All-Play-All Clocked Possible? Is it true Clocked Tourneys are all two-winner?

#1 User is offline   sar001 

  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4
  • Joined: 2011-November-09

Posted 2019-November-02, 05:06

I'm looking to run an 8-pair tourney to provide X-IMPS practice for my club team players
I'd like it to be an all-play-all, 7 rounds, 3 boards per round, Barometer X-IMPS tourney
As I read the documents:
- if I make it clocked then the NS pairs stay NS all tournament (so it's not all play all)
- if I make it un-clocked then pairs switch tables as they finish and very probably will meet each other multiple times
Any advice on how I can achieve what I wish?
Many thanks
0

#2 User is offline   Vampyr 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 9,624
  • Joined: 2009-September-15
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:London

Posted 2019-November-02, 06:40

View Postsar001, on 2019-November-02, 05:06, said:

I'm looking to run an 8-pair tourney to provide X-IMPS practice for my club team players
I'd like it to be an all-play-all, 7 rounds, 3 boards per round, Barometer X-IMPS tourney
As I read the documents:
- if I make it clocked then the NS pairs stay NS all tournament (so it's not all play all)
- if I make it un-clocked then pairs switch tables as they finish and very probably will meet each other multiple times
Any advice on how I can achieve what I wish?
Many thanks


I donít know what clocked means, but IMP pairs are pretty random, so if what you are concerned about is creating a fair/balanced contest, donít bother.

With 8 pairs why not just use a full Howell?
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones -- Albert Einstein
0

#3 User is offline   sar001 

  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4
  • Joined: 2011-November-09

Posted 2019-November-02, 08:24

View PostVampyr, on 2019-November-02, 06:40, said:

I donít know what clocked means, but IMP pairs are pretty random, so if what you are concerned about is creating a fair/balanced contest, donít bother.

With 8 pairs why not just use a full Howell?

Thanks

We all know each other and so all want to play each other

I'd love to run a full howell but my reading of the instructions on how to set up a tournament on BBO suggests that I can't

If you've set up your own Howell on BBO I'd love to know how you did it
0

#4 User is offline   Vampyr 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Posts: 9,624
  • Joined: 2009-September-15
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:London

Posted 2019-November-02, 08:37

View Postsar001, on 2019-November-02, 08:24, said:

Thanks

We all know each other and so all want to play each other

I'd love to run a full howell but my reading of the instructions on how to set up a tournament on BBO suggests that I can't

If you've set up your own Howell on BBO I'd love to know how you did it


I have never set up a tournament of any sort on BBO. Sorry, I didn’t know that was what you intended to do. Still I would be surprised if they didn’t offer Howell movements.
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones -- Albert Einstein
0

#5 User is offline   scarletv 

  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members
  • Posts: 280
  • Joined: 2009-April-27
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Germany, Bavaria

Posted 2019-November-02, 09:30

sar001 is right. There is no Howell Movement on BBO and unfortunately team tourneys with more than 4 pairs are not available either.

You can setup 7x2 team matches instead like a Howell movement for 4 tables.

8 1 6 5 4 2 7 3
8 2 7 6 5 3 1 4
8 3 1 7 6 4 2 5
8 4 2 1 7 5 3 6
8 5 3 2 1 6 4 7
8 6 4 3 2 7 5 1
8 7 5 4 3 1 6 2
0

#6 User is offline   sar001 

  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • Posts: 4
  • Joined: 2011-November-09

Posted 2019-November-02, 10:15

Thanks Scarletv

I might adopt that idea - at least I can stop worrying about doing it all with one tourney
0

#7 User is offline   barmar 

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin
  • Posts: 18,872
  • Joined: 2004-August-21
  • Gender:Male

Posted 2019-November-02, 10:37

View PostVampyr, on 2019-November-02, 08:37, said:

I have never set up a tournament of any sort on BBO. Sorry, I didnít know that was what you intended to do.

This is the BBO Tournament Directors forum.

Share this topic:


Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users