BBO Discussion Forums: Hand records from past weekly free instant tournaments - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Hand records from past weekly free instant tournaments

#1 User is offline   spaderaise 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2019-November-25, 15:11

Is it possible to get hold of hand records from old tournaments? Specifically, I'm think of past weekly free instant tournaments. Ideally, I'd like to find a way of playing these against the bots. I enjoy doing this before watching videos of people playing the tournaments (eg Peter Hollands' excellent series).

Any suggestions very welcome!

#2 User is offline   HeavyDluxe 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2019-November-25, 15:42

View Postspaderaise, on 2019-November-25, 15:11, said:

Is it possible to get hold of hand records from old tournaments? Specifically, I'm think of past weekly free instant tournaments. Ideally, I'd like to find a way of playing these against the bots. I enjoy doing this before watching videos of people playing the tournaments (eg Peter Hollands' excellent series).

Any suggestions very welcome!

You can get these already through the hand record services BBO provides. Your tournaments show up under HISTORY in BBO. Anyones hands can be searched here: https://www.bridgeba...p?&from_login=0

Not easy to filter for JUST the bot tourneys, but....

#3 User is offline   spaderaise 

• PipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2019-November-25, 16:13

View PostHeavyDluxe, on 2019-November-25, 15:42, said:

You can get these already through the hand record services BBO provides. Your tournaments show up under HISTORY in BBO. Anyones hands can be searched here: https://www.bridgeba...p?&from_login=0

Not easy to filter for JUST the bot tourneys, but....

Hmm - thanks for the idea - when I try this for the only player I happen to know to have played in them (sliynk), I get an empty list and "Some tourneys not shown for security reasons".

#4 User is offline   HeavyDluxe 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2019-November-26, 07:11

View Postspaderaise, on 2019-November-25, 16:13, said:

Hmm - thanks for the idea - when I try this for the only player I happen to know to have played in them (sliynk), I get an empty list and "Some tourneys not shown for security reasons".

Well, in that case, the weekly free is likely still running. For example, Hollands played _this_ week's free tournament last night. Since the same deals run through the end of the week, they're hidden until the new deals are rolled in.

#5 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2019-November-26, 10:03

We don't allow users to view robot tourneys of other users, because you might receive the same tourney yourself when you play an instant tourney. Although that's not really an issue for the free instant tourney, since you're allowed to play it multiple times yourself, the restriction code doesn't distinguish them, so they're also blocked.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users