Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Distribution 6-7-0-0

#1 User is offline   Defcon0 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2019-September-22, 15:05

Never (45 years of bridge) seen this before.

KQJ1092
AJ109854
--
--

RHO PARTNER RHO YOU
1H P 1S ?

Any suggestions on the best way to approach it? With favourite partner and with GIB. This hand came from the Daylong MP A game, results posted on September 19, 2019.

3c3sppdppp]399|300[/hv]

Playing with a GIB I chose 2S. At least the gib believes I have rebiddable spades.

After a spade lead and another spade, 10 tricks were easy. Different story I suspect if tapped at trick 1.Full hand as above :

Scores were varied:

Top went to Sight On who bid 5S, was doubled and brought it home on a nice piece of deception. After spade, sapde she called trump and LHO threw a small heart. Now the heart 8, which held, heart 9 and the LHO bot ducked again. Now the bare KQ fell with Ace and another heart for a well deserve +650 and 100%

Two, (myself included) bid and made 3S* with an over trick.

Of interest were the number who defended 2NT by E. 18 in all, one was doubled down 1, someone went down 2 undoubled, one made 2nt and 15 settled for 2NT -1

Then a few got into a bidding war with partner, which the human rarely wins. Some doubled 1S and tried to bid spades naturally later on, alas GIB thinks he's got a big hand with support and the war starts.

Interesting hand.

John

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users