• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The 5 level Who owns it?

#21 User is offline   Vampyr 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2019-September-17, 07:00

I am going to double and lead ace and a trump.
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones -- Albert Einstein

#22 User is offline   manudude03 

• - - A AKQJT9876543
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2019-September-17, 16:41

Maybe some of the high-level cheats know what to do without looking at their hand, the rest of us mere mortals don't.

edit: Incidentally this reminds me of when I played my first ever congress. I was a beginner at the time and being tired, an opp said nice hand. It didn't occur to me she meant the cards I held!
Wayne Somerville

#23 User is offline   nige1 

• 5-level belongs to me
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:Poems Computers

Posted 2019-September-18, 02:34

PhilG007 'What do you do as East ? Do you pass or press on to 5 ? Does the vulnerability influence your decision? Does the scoring come into your reckoning?. On the above auction, what would be your action when playing A) Match Point Pairs B) IMPS C) Board-a-Match(Teams) D) Rubber Bridge'
++++++++++++++++++
Vulnerability, scoring-method, bidding understandings, and your hand all influence your decision. You might even give up on the penalty double and, instead, agree that double strongly suggests that partner bid on, unless he has extra defence. Long s, your and holdings (e.g. xxx or shortage) might suggest a sacrifice). Vulnerable, you are wary of sacrificing, but non-vulnerable, you are keen to sacrifice, especially at pairs or BAM. At cut-in rubber-bridge, with a poor partner, you are loth to sacrifice.

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users