BBO Discussion Forums: Bidding developments in last 15-20 years? Precision et al. - BBO Discussion Forums

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Bidding developments in last 15-20 years? Precision et al.

#21 User is offline   msjennifer 

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members
  • Interests:Cricket,Photography,Paediatrics and Community Medicine.

Posted 2019-September-10, 01:36

SIR, We have been trying a modified four card Majors system with ideas borrowed from Blue Club system,. Super Precision along with Canape approach.We also use an entirely new INT-2C Relay (Not Stayman) and Baron 3C response over a 2NT(20/22) opening.We had to abandon Bergen and Gerber(which ,anyhow, we never liked).It appears to be working well.I am submitting this only as a general information and have no intentions whatever of suggesting others try the ideas. THANKS.

#22 User is offline   perko90 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2019-September-11, 19:29

I think you're already getting some good advice. I wanted to make 1 clarification and 1 suggestion.
When you heard that following 2/1 books may not be good in a Precision context, I think the good news there is that your auctions, for the most part, will be simpler. And those areas should be easy to spot if you are using 2/1 books as a reference. So, I don't see the harm.

Anyway, the biggest thing I wanted to share that I've adopted in the last few years is that 1M-2 is a "nebulous" treatment.
In other words, 2 = real clubs or a balanced hand. Similarly, a 2 rebid by opener = diamonds or balanced.
Why would you want to do that? Well, it's rather easy to untangle (if responder doesn't bid NT at their next opportunity, then the clubs are real) and it makes all the other sequences much clearer.
Now, 1M-2 = a 5+ card suit; 1-2; 2 = an unambiguous 6+ card suit; etc.
It really helps in many practical situations.
See here for more description:
https://www.bridgewe...0Two%20Club.pdf

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users