BBO Discussion Forums: Lawrence's 2/1 Workbook - still current? - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Lawrence's 2/1 Workbook - still current?

#1 User is offline   Bokchoix 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2019-August-27, 10:50

I have been reading Mike Lawrence's 2/1 Workbook and thinking of working through it with my partners to see if we want to adopt his methods.

Currently we play 2/1 (self-taught in my case 20 odd years ago from Hardy's yellow and black books), with all 2/1 auctions as GF, and with opener's repeat of his major guaranteeing 6 cards - both different to Mike's method. Our system is a lot looser than I would like and hoping to have subsequent bid meanings better defined throughout our auctions.

But I suddenly realised, this book was written in 1987, and my copy is a 2004 edition. Does Mike Lawrence still advocate the style of 2/1 and is it generally considered a sound way to play 2/1? Or would I do better finding a book by a different author if I want to find something to thoroughly inform my partners and I on a solid 2/1 method?

Thanks!

#2 User is offline   Stephen Tu 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2019-August-27, 11:15

It's a sound way to play 2/1 but few seem to play it these days, including Lawrence. Check out his 2/1 CD instead, which switches to the 2/1s always GF style, moving the inv one suited hands into jump shifts as current BWS does.

#3 User is offline   Bokchoix 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2019-August-27, 12:27

Thank you

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users