• You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Trick 2 Eastbourne

#21 User is offline   Cyberyeti 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2019-August-22, 14:57

View PostKingCovert, on 2019-August-22, 14:42, said:

A heart comes at Trick 3, are you ducking to the Q? You're never doing that. Win the Ace, and now what? 4-0 trump break kills you.
West lead their 5th best and wins the 2nd round of diamonds giving East a trump promotion/over ruff, the lead was made because West was holding the K (per your agreements) and a void in .
Your line of play can certainly be right, it's a good line of play if you believe that are breaking 6-1, the question is whether it's the correct to play for the 6-1 diamond break given what you know.

You have to VERY much respect the W player to consider this, down the club, will not ever happen.

The K being onside does not guarantee making the contract btw, you can't draw all the trumps before cashing Q so a 5-2 heart break puts you in a tricky place.

#22 User is offline   HardVector 

• PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Full Members

Posted 2019-August-22, 20:16

View Postcherdano, on 2019-August-22, 04:16, said:

No, but nobody leads low from QJ9xx against a small slam, and East wouldn't play the T from QT at trick one. We only have a guess when East follows with the J or maybe the 9 at trick two.

I'm with Yeti here. With the 6 lead, I'm just worried about it being a stiff, and E having QJT987. With that holding, they could play any of 6 cards with the same effect.

#23 User is offline   cherdano 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Advanced Members

Posted 2019-August-22, 22:58

View PostHardVector, on 2019-August-22, 20:16, said:

I'm with Yeti here. With the 6 lead, I'm just worried about it being a stiff, and E having QJT987. With that holding, they could play any of 6 cards with the same effect.

I stand by my recommendation to read posts before replying to them.
The easiest way to count losers is to line up the people who talk about loser count, and count them. -Kieran Dyke

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users