BBO Discussion Forums: Using BBO and Robots to avoid duplicate game sitout - BBO Discussion Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Using BBO and Robots to avoid duplicate game sitout

#1 User is offline   tonyadam 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2018-September-11, 12:16

We want to use BBO and the robot feature to avoid sitouts. I know it can be done but it is too cumbersome.
Can you please find a software solution that will allow for an active REDEAL button for all players at the table
so the playing director does not have to be interrupted to do it and the players having to wait. Thanks you.

#2 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Admin

Posted 2018-September-12, 16:56

This is already on our near-term to-do list, but finishing the HTML version is taking priority.

#3 User is offline   GWBC01 

• Pip
  • Group: Members

Posted 2019-August-15, 17:38

I'm just now trying to figure out if this feature will be workable at the Clubs where I direct. The last post here was nearly a year ago. How is your "near-term to-do list" coming along in regard to this issue?

#4 User is offline   diana_eva 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2019-August-15, 18:13

View PostGWBC01, on 2019-August-15, 17:38, said:

I'm just now trying to figure out if this feature will be workable at the Clubs where I direct. The last post here was nearly a year ago. How is your "near-term to-do list" coming along in regard to this issue?

It is now possible for deals to auto-advance at sitout tables. Please tell us what usernames you plan to use (email me at diana@bridgebase.com).

We'll add these usernames to a database (one username for the table host, two or more for the players). This activates the auto-redeal for players.

You can also insert "round breaker" boards in your .lin file where you want play to stop, so that players have time to note their results and move to another table. A round stopper is a board under the form of AKQJTxxxxxxxx AKQJTxxxxxxxx AKQJTxxxxxxxx AKQJTxxxxxxxx . When such a board is dealt to the teaching table, automatic redeal stops and will only resume after the table host clicks Redeal.

And finally, in order to avoid accidentally seeing scores and boards players are not supposed to see, and also to minimize risks of players getting lost in the software or clicking random stuff, a simplified version is available for this purpose:
https://www.bridgeba...v3/?halftable=y

Please note that this is only for the players. The host needs to use the regular BBO to set up the table, upload boards, etc.

Here are some tutorials showing how to upload the deals, how to set up the table, reserve seats for the players, etc:
https://www.youtube....G7QwWa5U4XAuayi

We'll put all this in a help file soon.

#5 User is offline   barmar 

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 2019-August-16, 08:27

View Postdiana_eva, on 2019-August-15, 18:13, said:

You can also insert "round breaker" boards in your .lin file where you want play to stop, so that players have time to note their results and move to another table. A round stopper is a board under the form of AKQJTxxxxxxxx AKQJTxxxxxxxx AKQJTxxxxxxxx AKQJTxxxxxxxx . When such a board is dealt to the teaching table, automatic redeal stops and will only resume after the table host clicks Redeal.

I believe if you get your deal files from The Common Game, it has these round breakers in it already.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users